ZL1 Discussion Discussion for ZL-1 ONLY

2010 GS Corvette to a 2013 ZL1

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Default 2010 GS Corvette to a 2013 ZL1

Traded in the 2010 Grand Sport Vette Saturday for a 2013 zl1, The Vette handles a whole bunch better but the supercharged LSA is a handful. I also like the interior whole bunch more than the Vette's. Lots of changes in the cockpit for me to get used to. I won't be throwing this thing into the curves like I did the Vette but I still like this car. Black on Black. The wife is till a little miffed at me but she'll get over it.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by korvettekarl
Traded in the 2010 Grand Sport Vette Saturday for a 2013 zl1, The Vette handles a whole bunch better but the supercharged LSA is a handful. I also like the interior whole bunch more than the Vette's. Lots of changes in the cockpit for me to get used to. I won't be throwing this thing into the curves like I did the Vette but I still like this car. Black on Black. The wife is till a little miffed at me but she'll get over it.
Congratulations! What is your favorite feature on the 2013 ZL1 so far? Have you had the chance to mess around with the new ColorTouch radio?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 AM

I haven't had time to play with everything yet. There are a LOT of changes. Still figuring out the "Infotainment system". I actually brought the manuals with me to work this morning. I hope to get more familiar with everything this weekend, as long as I don't get called to work. I am still loving this thing though. Live in Vegas, we had rain ALL night last night. That is a rare thing in Vegas and always worth mentioning. We have had 4 or 5 inches in the last month. We average 3 inches a year. Got to get to work. Thanks for the reply, I will get you a better answer this weekend.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 AM
3rd Gear Member

Congrats man!! You gotta post some pics

Old 10-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Angry

Let me see if I can post the pics. Nope. Can't get the pics to upload. Wants a URL. Won't let me browse my pics. I will keep trying.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:45 AM

Try this again.OK here is the 13 along with GS i trade and my 67 RS

Attached Thumbnails 2010 GS Corvette to a 2013 ZL1-photo-2-.jpg   2010 GS Corvette to a 2013 ZL1-photo.jpg  
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Don't know why it didn't upload the 13. try again, story of my life.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 AM

Try, try and try again.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 AM

ok. i have had the car about 3 weeks or so. The entertainment center is quite a package. Not sure the movie option on the video is a good idea, I certainly won't be using that. The back up camera is pretty cool. It is a natural idea whose time has come and should be on all cars for safety's sake.
I fear that people will become lazy and just glance at it and not study the view available to them. it is perfect for me in my garage. i use it to get my car just far enough in to close the garage door and no farther. Mostly just listen to the XM radio. Had a BAD experience with the XM service. i had a lifetime subscription to XM. When i traded in the GranSport the dealer had XM cancel my subscription. XM says it was the dealers fault and the dealer says it is XM's fault. Either way i am out my $400 and change for my lifetime subscription and it killed my internet subscription at the same time. Not real happy with Fairway Chevrolet at this point in time. They also threw out a CD I had in the Gran Sport. ok, my fault right? The more i think about it the madder I get. They have my phone number, my address etc. They could have put it aside and called me. The sound coming out of the Boston Acoustic speakers is awesome, better than the Bose in the Vette. A lot of features to go through and i haven't gotten to them all but will try.

Last edited by korvettekarl; 10-24-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 AM

Gratz on the LZ1 purchase. I have an 09 JSB Vert and was also thinking about making a change to this new Camaro. Glad you are liking it so far. The worse thing I have seen though from these SoCal dealers is the 8-10k stupid sticker markup they are asking for and I for one will NOT pay that. For ANY car..EVER!!! I wonder if they are actually getting that ridiculous mark up.

Quick Reply: 2010 GS Corvette to a 2013 ZL1