VS Cars going head to head!

Nothing that amazing but my first race (kinda)

Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Nothing that amazing but my first race (kinda)

We were driving out from a parking lot from a store (i wasn't driving) and we are waiting at the light. we are about half a mile from the freeways on ramp. i see an evo in front of us, but not the new one maybe a 02 or 03. it didn't have spoiler and the car was lower than usual. so we drive off to the next light (the on that goes onto the freeway) and i notice something else. on the same light, there was a infinity g35, dodge charger daytona (07), two brand new evos. the modded evo sees and the cars andrevs the engine.but i new it was to good to be true. only the modded evo and the g35 went on the freeway. so when we change lanes, we floor it and show the evo we wanted to race. wasn't a real race thought. we were rolling at about 70 and he floors it. we floor it to and it was neck to neck but we were pulling away front him. btw, its a six speed but we only have the first 4 speeds working so we were doing 110 in 4th. i know, not the best thing for the car but we couldn't pass this. after we slow do, the kids in the evo yell out 5th, and drive off. we had to take the next off ramp but it was a lot of fun. P.S. not sure why he yelled out 5th? could it be that he was racing in 5th?

Old 12-21-2007, 12:21 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Nothing that amazing but my first race (kinda)

Probaly meaning you should have shifted. Didnt have evo's in the states in 2002. How much boost are you running?

Old 12-21-2007, 01:10 PM
1st Gear Member

oh well idonu what year it was but all i could say it wasnt a brand new one. i was running about 4 psi

Old 12-21-2007, 04:17 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

What kind of blower are you runing and how is it set up.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

i cant tell. we i bought the car, not even the owner knew what it had. i cant find it either. i do know i have edelbrock headers and a Gibson exhaust