Snap-On??

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
2nd Gear member

Snap on makes a great tool. Theres no replacement for displacement, nor is there a replacement for snap on! the best of the best. NO, i am not saying everything else is garbage, because i use a lot of gear wrench and craftsman product and am very proud of it. Cornwell makes a good set too. The brand i am least fond of is SK. Most of SK just seems cheap and not thought over. ive broken many SK ratchets and twisted lots of extensions

Old 09-26-2010, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm looking at getting a large set of tools and was wondering which ones to get? I've always had craftsman and nothing else. What's the difference between craftsman and other companies such as snap on? Is it just paying for the name or is it better quality?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:43 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by garner
I'm looking at getting a large set of tools and was wondering which ones to get? I've always had craftsman and nothing else. What's the difference between craftsman and other companies such as snap on? Is it just paying for the name or is it better quality?
ehh, youre kinda of paying for the name... but snap on really does make a quality tool. its hard to describe but you gotta use a wide range of snap on tools to appriciate

Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 AM

I have about 30k in Snap on tools and boxes, bought most of them when you could still write them off on your taxes. I was a auto tech for 35 yrs and still restore cars. Now the prices like everything else, too much. It really depends how much you use them.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I bought my Snapon box off the Snapon truck I paid $2200 for it. It was just a bottom box. Almost 10 years later I was a manufacturing engineer setting up a new production area. I was looking for a tool box for the tech in that area. One of the other manufacturing engineers suggested Snapon industrial. He gave me the cataloge and a card for the industrial rep. This guy worked for snapon not a snapon truck owner. I was flipping thru the catalog and there was my box. I requested a quote, it came back $599 and the guy offered a 2 inch thick maple top for it for free. When the box showed up I had to assemble it. It was the same box i had sitting at home. The only differents was there was no snapon name on it except on the draw runners. So if they can make a profit at 599 why do they got to bend me over for $2200. Snapon hand tools are great. A tool box, just keeps you tool organized and and the morning condensation off your steel. As long as the box can that the name on means nothing to me.

BTW the 2" maple top he gave me listed for $279 off the snapon truck.

Last edited by Gorn; 02-24-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Default Vitamins and Minerals actually help?

I to!. I'll be back, Kaylie BTW, Found celebrated situation for Natural suppliments so if you want help with vitamins check them out first.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:08 PM
3rd Gear Member

I use Companion.....

Old 06-29-2012, 08:28 AM
2nd Gear member

Ive had my Snap On tools since 1992. I almost sold them and the 2 Snap On boxes I own, but my wonderful wife talked me out of it!! Im glad she did too. I was a professional mechanic for about 6 years which is when I bought them. Now I'm just a hobbyist, but, my Snap On tools are excellent quality and I rarely break any. When I do, I run down a Snapper truck and get a new warranted tool!!

Old 07-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Bought the few Snap On tools and tool chest I have back when I worked as a mechanic for the local Cadillac dealer in 1968. They're wonderful tools, but also way over priced. After getting out of the service I returned to wrenching for a short time, and then changed careers. After changing jobs I never bought any more Snap On tools.
I still buy good lifetime brand name tools, but not married to any one brand now.