Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Help choosing audio setup.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Default Help choosing audio setup.

I recently acquired an 02 Camaro z28 it has an aftermarket head unit, I love the car, but it's a bit lackluster in the audio department. Since I'm a stupid high school kid I want to have some bass.

My brother has given me a subwoofer, Its a rockford fosgate Punch Pro. So it's old but is it still good? I would still need to buy the amp and all of the wiring. Is it more worth it to buy some newer subs? I'm not sure if the technology has changed much since the fosgate was new.

If I wired it all up would I be able to change out the subwoofer with a newer one if I don't like the results?

Old 05-15-2014, 06:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Is the sub a dual voice coil or a single?
That will help you decide what amp to get to run it.

Not sure how old that sub is, but newer subs can handle more power compared to say late 90's subs.

As for the box, it depends on the sub. Check to see what the air space requirements are for that sub, then see it's similar to other subs out there. If so, then yes you should be able to just swap them out.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:09 AM

I had a used Rockford Fosgate P1 in a stealth box but the subwoofer blew. Depending on how old the sub is you might want to invest in another one. You can always keep the sub you have, but keep in mind that if you do end up changing your sub just make sure the watts rms match the amp your using.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:22 AM

Rockford is your basic entry level sub. If it's a standard size sub you can swap it out and put a new one in the box you took the rockford out of. If you want to get technical, you have to tuned the box with the port to the specific specs of the subwoofer you are putting in the box. Like tuning a musical instrument. But you should get acceptable results just swapping out the sub if you aren't happy with it. might as well start with what you have and see how you like it before spending more money on something new. You might like it just fine!