Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Help.. Dual Throttle Bodies and TPS Errors on LS3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Default Help.. Dual Throttle Bodies and TPS Errors on LS3 2012

Installed the Edelbrock LS3 Dual ThrottleBodies and now getting the TPS Error code.
Even when only plugging in the single original TB alone, still getting TPS Error.
Is there something special I need to do when going to the Dual TB's ?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:51 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by lewis614
Installed the Edelbrock LS3 Dual ThrottleBodies and now getting the TPS Error code.
Even when only plugging in the single original TB alone, still getting TPS Error.
Is there something special I need to do when going to the Dual TB's ?
A lot of people are saying you need an Ozark or similar box for two TB's, as it fools the computer into thinking there is still only one TB

Old 12-01-2016, 09:34 AM

Are you saying adding a 2nd computer?
Ive never heard of a Ozark box.
Just thinking if its a matter of tricking the computer. Maybe DC the TPS sensor wires from the 2nd plug so only 1 TB TPS is connected? It should still control both TBs simultaneously..??..

Old 12-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Tried disconnecting the 4 TPS wires on the slave TB only the 2 motor control wires for the butterfly are connected.
So as the primary gets power to operate the butterfly the slave should get the same.
The primary functions, no TPS errors. BUT The slave has no function..??..
Indicates 'high voltage' but no error codes.
Confused why 2nd TB is not working as a slave..??..

Old 12-02-2016, 03:03 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by lewis614
Tried disconnecting the 4 TPS wires on the slave TB only the 2 motor control wires for the butterfly are connected.
So as the primary gets power to operate the butterfly the slave should get the same.
The primary functions, no TPS errors. BUT The slave has no function..??..
Indicates 'high voltage' but no error codes.
Confused why 2nd TB is not working as a slave..??..
I'll be at the PRI show later next week, I can swing by the edelbrock booth and ask them what they recommend.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:37 AM

TY
Really hoping not to have to add an additional Computer for $1200-$2k and harness(not something I know how to do btw).
There must be some way to run the 2nd TB as a slave to the primary.
I'm this close to popping out the caps and welding a rod from one TB Butterfly across to the other to mechanically slave it.. This close..
I probably shoulda gone with a blower, instead of building up to eventual twin turbos.. Just too late/expensive to backtrack now.. Then again a 2-ton paperweight isn't much fun either.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:53 PM
DrX

Been Googling to see if anyone has a car running yet with one of these Edelbrock intakes.

I'm guessing you got this sorted out already. But you do need a proper controller for the second TB. The ECM has no clue what the second TB is doing, which could be very dangerous in a fault condition. I originally designed this for my twin blower, twin throttle setup. x2 throttle controller