3.4 95 Running rich

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 01:08 PM

It idles around 8-900 other than when I start it in the morning it'll jump up to like 1500 and then come right back down which is pretty normal I believe. I know I have a vacuum leak I just don't know where the hose is at to re install it. If you look at the the diagram above I'm missing the acsry hose that goes into the y at the back of the fuel rail. Everything else it fine, from what I've read the hose that goes there is supposed to come out of the wiring loom that runs behind the manifold but I can't seem to find it I've even opened the harness to see inside but it's either broken off or was uninstalled. What makes it difficult is that I don't know where the hose is supposed to go as it looks like it runs back into the dash and that's a project that I don't have time for. I wish I could just get a hose and rerun it or close it off completely as I have read some people do.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

There is a T fitting where the hose to the brake booster is connected. If it's open, cap it off till you get things sorted out. Keep looking for the "Acsry" hose, that operates your blend door under the dash for the hvac system. If all that stuff is working as it should, it's possible someone connected that hose to a different vacuum source.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:12 PM

That's what I done this evening, took a piece of heat resistant tubing filled it will epoxy and capped off the fitting. I'm going to wait until Christmas break when I have some time to really get in there and get it sorted out. I think the gas smell and the vacuum may be to separate things, the car honestly runs really good idles fine, just seems as if it's using a bit to much gas but it's a gift for my little sister when she turns 16 this upcoming year so I want to have it running and working as good as I can within my budget before I set her out on the road. My father and I started a wood working shop a little over four years and business has been nothing short of great. My mother who works everyday (parents are separated) can't afford much more than a roof and food on the table won't be able to do anything like that for her any time soon, and I remember how bad it sucked not having a car to drive in high school so I want her to have an experience I never did. She deserves it she's been a straight A student since I can remember so it's time for some kind of a reward. Lol on another note I do plan on getting a LT1 in the near future though! Hopefully I don't have to ask so many questions and I can post some pictures. You guys have been a great help!

Old 12-18-2014, 10:38 PM
2nd Gear member

I think the accsy hose goes to a t-fitting/check valve next to the pcm on the passenger side. The other two hoses on the t-fitting there go to the vacuum tank (hidden under the battery ) and the HVAC control on the dash. Like was said, the supply hose (labeled "to intake manifold") for that may have been moved somewhere else if you can change the heater/ac outlets with the controls.

http://shbox.com/1/vac_check_valve.jpg

Old 12-19-2014, 08:50 AM

You sir are a genius! It was that, I removed the line that says to intake manifold and it's supposed to have a vacuum (or suction) and it did not which means I need to replace that hose! Now if I can find what size piping it is I'll be set!

Old 12-19-2014, 09:02 AM
2nd Gear member

It was Chuck's idea. I just added some detail.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:54 AM

Got the hose on and I can no long hear air! So that's one problem solved.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by GaryDoug
It was Chuck's idea. I just added some detail.
lol, 2 heads are better than one!
Don't you just love when previous owners mess around with stuff.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:23 PM

Yeah I never would've clicked that that it where the hose ran from I thought it went directly back into the the dash, but it's fixed now. So that one less thing to worry about.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:48 AM
Tech Droid

Originally Posted by blakeyon2asd
02 sensors replaced last year, I'll check for exhaust leak. The diagram above is how I have everything but I can't find the "to acsry" hose that should be hooked in. I've looked all over the engine bay and can't come up with anything. It's running pretty rich I can drive 60 miles and use three gallons of gas. Or is this normal with these cars?
If I remember correctly ACSRY hose provides a vacuum source for the accessories, such as HVAC and anything else powered by vacuum. Are your AC controls working?

Quick Reply: 3.4 95 Running rich