March ROTM

Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by WIspartan1026
I think that "OT Cars," as you call them, should be limited. After all, this is a CAMARO forum. And I think the "fun different topics" got a bit out of hand. When it was "post a patriotic picture with your Camaro" or "post a picture of your Camaro with this or doing that," it's about who has the best/most fitting picture, rather than being about the cars themselves. At that point, it becomes "Picture of the Month." If anything, that kept me from participating.
Quick question. If its not about the cars, but about the picture itself, why isnt it called picture of the month instead of ride of the month?

I do agree about the fact that this is a camaro forum though and the other cars should be a limited rare opportunity.

As far as out of hand, I havent been here recently, so maybe they have. But you want to throw in a little change or it will get boring. Thats why you combine scheduled and fun to keep it going normally but throw a different wind in there at the same time.

But in the end we would have to ask NJ. He seems to be the leader/creator. So all in all, he should have the answers and details to this debate. But to me it seems like the rotm is half and half. half about the car and theme, half about the way the picture is captured.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 AM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 9434V6
Quick question. If its not about the cars, but about the picture itself, why isnt it called picture of the month instead of ride of the month?
That's the point I was trying to make (I think I messed up verb tenses, which might have made it a little confusing). The competition SHOULD be about the rides, but with all of the "random" or "for fun" stuff, it turns into Picture of the Month too often.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by WIspartan1026
That's the point I was trying to make (I think I messed up verb tenses, which might have made it a little confusing). The competition SHOULD be about the rides, but with all of the "random" or "for fun" stuff, it turns into Picture of the Month too often.
Oh, ok. I gotcha now. Yea, you made it a little confusing the first time. I understand what you mean now. I do agree, but we probably should keep a couple still just so that it doesnt get repetitive and boring. but it definitely shouldnt be all that kind of stuff either.
keep it about the rides, but throw in a little fun here and there to keep interest basically.