View Poll Results: Who is the April 2013 ROTM?
Bruce69Camaro
14.71%
Gorn
20.59%
77Thor
11.76%
SS68
41.18%
Mikes68
11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

April Ride of The Month Vote Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 04:22 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Cool April Ride of The Month Vote Thread

Ladies and Gentlemen, and Scooch here are our contestants for the April ROTM. For April we have 1st Gens. Here they are, look them over and vote. Any member can vote, new or old so get er done.

Bruce69Camaro
Here are a few small details, I've had this car since 1989, when I won it in a bet. At that time, I had a 68 Camaro and I decided this was going to be a big tired car with a big block. It has a 396 w/ PG, 8" 5000 stall, 4.57 gears, narrowed nine inch, ladder bars, coil overs, 32" x 14" slicks, fiberglass 5" cowl hood, front and rear bumpers, deck lid with factory spoiler. It is painted Hugger orange and recently added the custom double hockey style stripe.
This will be the first year that my car is race ready and I'm hoping to have some fun this summer.
If you look at my scrapbook page, I just added a new sticker last night to the quarter windows, in honor of my son, being told in March that he is completely tumor free after 13 years, so the American Brain Tumor Assoc sent me some stickers to run on my car.
I hoping this is going to be a good season, but as we all know, no car is ever done and even though I say it is, I already got new plans.
Thank you

GORN
1967 RS/SS built October of 1966. (Not a clone) It is a 350 4-speed, from the factory is has the deluxe interior, power top, full gages. Power steering has been added. The only recent upgrades the car has is a Holley avenger carburetor and a petronic ignition kit. This gave the car much better street manners. At about 325 HP It is not a race car but it can be fun to drive. When I take people for rides they seem very surprised how it rides. I have been told it is like riding in a new car.

77Thor
My 1969 Camaro was originally a Texas car. It was brought up to Wisconsin, where a frame-up restoration was done. It is currently running a bored-out 350 SBC, Muncie 4-Speed transmission (M21), and a 12-Bolt Positraction rear with 3.55 gearing.
Name:  DSC00373a_zps37fff71d.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  266.2 KB

SS68
Owned By Craig Stripling, This third owner 1968 SS/RS has been retained mostly original during the restoration. With the matching numbers 350/295 HP engine and Muncie M20 4-speed transmission, this Camaro has remained in a stock configuration with the exception of the 2.5" dual exhaust with the stock exhuast manifolds. Although the factory louvered SS hood was changed to the functional cowl induction, the factory hood has been retianed for future use.
Interior features the deluxe seating, tic-toc-tach, gauged console, factory tilt steering with woodgrain wheel, factory Delco AM/FM radio, and grab handle. All the parts that were used in the restoration were either NOS or refurbished when available.
Exterior features Z-28 style stripes under the clear coat, and the stock rim size of 14x7 was retained. The restored RS headlights are factory vacuum operated and work as they should. The power brakes and power steering are all factory original and the posi traction ratio is 3.55.
Although the car was painstakingly restored, it remains a daily driver and is a fun car to drive. Nothing beats the subtle rumble of a 60's classic Camaro shifting through the 4 speed gears! This car turns heads and is a conversation piece wherever it goes!

MIKES68
Have not recieved information from Mike.

Last edited by craby; 04-21-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:19 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Contestants feel free to post pictures and/or info in this thread.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Here is my car...
Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum - 77thor's Album: Garage - n/a - Picture

Lets try that again...
Or not.

I'm not sure why I can't paste it here.

[IMG]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/317265...o/#31726550001[/IMG]

Sorry, I don't have many pic's yet and the car is still in storage.

Last edited by 77thor; 04-16-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

Everybody likes red

Old 04-16-2013, 07:34 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

mikes68 has been pm'd late so waiting to finish when i get a response.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 PM
2nd Gear member

Bruce69Camaro from me and my 68 396 4 speed muncie,i wish you and your son a great summer with your ride enjoy

Old 04-17-2013, 04:59 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by mikes68
Bruce69Camaro from me and my 68 396 4 speed muncie,i wish you and your son a great summer with your ride enjoy
Thank you sir, I sure hope to enjoy it and not break any parts....like my coworker who broke axles on the very first day!

Tough poll but man, I really like that red 68 RS/SS.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

How I got the car:
I have always been a Camaro guy ever since my first 74 Z clone I bought when I was 15. On the day I was married I owned two Camaros(my 74 and a 84). In 1990 I sold off the Camaros to help with my first house purchase and to get more family friendly car. I started looking for a weekend cruiser in 1998. I really wanted a ragtop. Back then my wife was an internet guru, she could find anything. I had asked her to look for a 70-72 Buick Skylark or Olds Cutlass Rag top. She found some but on the third day I came home for work and she said “what about a Camaro convertible”. I half laughed because I was thinking of what I could get for the budget I had. She said come and see. The description was 67 Camaro Convertible Runs great, new inspection, Needs top $7500. Calll XXXXXXXX, I called the number . The owner told me he was in Johnstown PA and he would email me photos and his address. Still not too excited because I was still under the “too good to me true” impression and I have seen enough rusted out 1st gen to choke a river. The next day I got two fuzzy pictures and the address. When I check the address I found he lived on 100 yard from where I lived with my father in 1989. I told the wife I was willing to take her to see her parent this weekend. She laughed at me because she saw the email also.

I grabbed enough money to pay his asking price (just in case) and headed out the door. Car looked amazing as I walked up on it. Not a show car but a nice 20 footer. The only downside I could find with my inspection was when he said it needed a top he meant it. There was no top frame and no windows. The only thing above the top of the door was the windshield. On the plus side the underneath was very nice. I asked how that happens? He explained his wife worked at a bank, the car was a repo in a divorce case. They had to drag it out of the garage. When he got it there was no exhaust or carburetor. He got a friend to put those things on and fill it will oil. His friend believed it was a new engine that had never run and put it though the Cam break in cycle just in case (well done Sir). Of course he had no way to prove it and he was not sure IF it was a real RS/SS. I drove it and it drove really nice. Normally I haggle over a car for a while this negotiation lasted less than 30 seconds. I said look I know you said it needed a top but this is a lot more work then I was hoping for. Would you take 6k for it? He said how about $6,500, My hand was out before he finished the hundred.

It was a 4.5 hour drive home I stopped several times checking things. No issue with the car but I got the worst sunburn on the top of my head and my face. It was the first time in my life I was smiling with a nasty sunburn. To this day my wife reminds who found the car, to this day it brings a smile to my face.

I spent about $2500 getting the parts I needed to install the windows and the frame and have the top professionally installed. Most of the car is as I bought it. In fact it still has the same tires but it looks like they are done due to dry rot and will need to be replaced this season.
The below picture is my youngest (at that time) and oldest daughter. The oldest is now 24 and the youngest is 15.
Name:  Camaro67.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  72.9 KB

Last edited by Gorn; 04-18-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Wow, there are some GREAT cars in the running this month! Hey Craby, have any of this month's candidates won ROTM before? That's always my tie-breaker haha

Old 04-17-2013, 10:26 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i know right, i am torn between red and yellow. lol. and gorn is the only one.

77thor, use photobucket.

Last edited by craby; 04-17-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Quick Reply: April Ride of The Month Vote Thread