Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

turbo or supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear member

This debate could go on for so long. It's a preference. Pound for pound a turbo IS technically more efficient but any power lost from a belt turning a supercharger will be made up with boost. Plenty of power can be made with either. The lag is like they said can be virtually eliminated if you choose the right turbo. This video explains a little about both http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGdg2Fd2WQY

Last edited by greenmachine96; 07-15-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:39 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by NatesZ28
I am a firm believer in larger displacement motors (such as ours) should strictly be supercharged! The lag alone would drive me insane
You have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:58 PM

buenas quiero meterle un poco mas de caballaje a mi camaro 3.4 que le puediera hacer para aumentar el caballaje. pienso que un super charger pero nose como funciona y dedonde conectarce y cual seria el compatible para este. Me podrian ayudar con esto.
Gracias................

Old 09-10-2011, 06:18 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

^^^^
Explain to me why.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:17 PM

Turbo chargers are on everything now, supercharger is the way to go...plus it sounds better

Old 10-06-2011, 08:50 AM
H2C
2nd Gear member

You guys are crazy, Turbo is the way to go, get a compound setup and run them inline, the little one spools and gives first lite, the second one feeds off the first and gives the big push, boom almost no lag depending on how much boost you run.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:57 PM

i have a 95 camaro and im trying to upgrade its performance. what would be the best thing to do to make that happen? ive been looking into a super charger and a turbo.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:09 PM

Make your own choice and go with it.....i have seen both, both can be great both can screw up a motor on a bad tune. either way make your own decision!!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by NatesZ28
I am a firm believer in larger displacement motors (such as ours) should strictly be supercharged! The lag alone would drive me insane
have you driven or even owned a boosted v8.....ever?

Is the car a stick car? auto? makes a huge difference. Whats the cars intended purpose? Is it a street killer? drag car? roll racing machine? Turbo technology has come FULL circle to where it was even 10 years ago to the point that its VERY easy for someone who knows what they're doing to size a turbo to a point where there is no lag. Lag is almost non-existent in a boosted v8 car because of the amount of air being pushed through the motor. Outside of throwing a 91mm pro-mod turbo on a stock 5.7 liter, you probably won't experience much if ANY lag

Old 10-21-2011, 02:50 PM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
^^^^
Explain to me why.

x2

Originally Posted by Nomad
Turbo chargers are on everything now, supercharger is the way to go...plus it sounds better
personal preference.....

turbos are on "everything" now because they work. End of story. Blowers need to catch up now

Originally Posted by H2C
You guys are crazy, Turbo is the way to go, get a compound setup and run them inline, the little one spools and gives first lite, the second one feeds off the first and gives the big push, boom almost no lag depending on how much boost you run.
a compound setup is VERY difficult to get to work correctly, it takes a TON of R&D to make something like that work. With a correctly sized single turbo car, it will run circles around a compound setup due to weight alone.

Originally Posted by k.williams
i have a 95 camaro and im trying to upgrade its performance. what would be the best thing to do to make that happen? ive been looking into a super charger and a turbo.

Quick Reply: turbo or supercharger