New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Two days ago I bought a '82 Camaro Z28

Old 11-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Default Two days ago I bought a '82 Camaro Z28

So now I am here! It is getting shipped here, I live in Denmark, so it is going to be a little while before I see it...

Anyways, I am 38 years old and live in Copenhagen. I didn't get my drivers license until 2010, but after that I just got a huge passion for automobiles. I think because of the sensation of acceleration, which to me is like a very profound feeling of joy. I have always been a fan of american muscle cars, so it wasn't long before I got my first car, a Mitsubishi Colt that I made the decision to work hard and save up a ton of money so I could buy an American muscle car.

I have been looking at many cars and I have been close to buying some but either the car was sold to someone else or something else happend, but the other day I called up a dealer in Michigan, got 500 dollars off the price and 2 hours later I got a mail from my shipping company with a copy of the title. BAM!

Last edited by Hell Jes; 11-20-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:07 PM

Here it is

Old 11-20-2015, 05:45 PM
4th Gear Member

welcome to the forum looks cool ,whats it got for an engine ,I had the 82 trans am was nice had the 305 an was fast I loved it,the 82 Camaro was in motor trends top 10 cars ,an had the 2.5 4cyl sport coupe the 2.8l v6 Berlineta, an the 5.0l v8 z28 ,this about the 3rd gens is you do alot can with them ? whats your plans with the car ,I imagine it cost a lot to ship it there,i had what we called a Dodge colt with the mitsubishi engine an it ran forever ,its the Japanese engine but was well made 4 door ,was $500.00 was not pretty was 4 cycle ,but drove it for 2 year with cold AC,now the $500.00 car is like $2000.00 or more

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 11-20-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:34 PM

The dealer said 355, but I cannot find any info of a '82 Camaro with 355 maybe he meant 305? Here is a picture

I want to get it sorted out so I can drive it to work in the summer, and take it to the nearby track once in a while. Next year this car is old enough to be considered a "veteran" which is our name for a classic car I guess. That gives it some benefits, government inspection every 8 year only, very low insurance. But veterans are only allowed to be driven in the summer.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:13 AM
4th Gear Member

yes its looks like the 305 ,an also looks like carb too,i went to Camaro Wikipedia on the 1982 some came with tbi fuel injection ,though I could be someone did an engine swap ,1982 was huge year some changing from carberation to fuel injection ,it was actually Dec 1981 they came out you can check for any thing on the doors after you get it that may indicate ? YOU HAVE, those are the same gold series rims I had on my TA ,its a hard top that's a good thing an black I just put in 1982 Camaro oh your hood looks like an aftermarket hood I don't think they came with cowl induction hood that gives it a racey look,hear they call them classics at 15 years most states then antique plates can be had at 20 or 21 years in my state ,they can be driven in winter ,but most people with commen sence don't drive them ,as there is no traction at all ,hear inspections every year in my state .hear its kind a state thing ,we have 27 states have no inspections at all ,wich meens a lot of unsafe cars in those states ,I dont mind having a safe car hear in newhamshire

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 11-22-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:46 PM

Yeah! Love those golden rims, it looks so good with the black! Do you have a picture of the Trans Am? That is one of the legendary cars!

Your cars are really great, have you done everything yourself?

Old 11-21-2015, 11:27 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

355 would be a 350 bored .030 over.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:51 PM
4th Gear Member
Default some

Originally Posted by Hell Jes
Yeah! Love those golden rims, it looks so good with the black! Do you have a picture of the Trans Am? That is one of the legendary cars!

Your cars are really great, have you done everything yourself?
I have done some of the work ,but most of the engine work my mechanic did the work I painted the calipers an the transmission things like that I can do the basics with my garage an limited tools as well as knowledge I learned a lot hear though I helped a friend build a 302 one time years ago,an one time took the carb off a straight 6 van cleaned it out replaced the float an the van ran great after ,I don't have enough room in my garage the 82 ta was now 25 years ago so no pictures I kept of it that was the first yeasr of huge change in the looks an flip up lights , though I seen a 82 like it on craigs list with 54.000 miles looked sweet there asking $5500.00 the thing I don't like about them after 81 is the flip up healights thanks I love the Camaros just like you , though right time right place I could an would love to have another TA,one guy said it best you can only drive one at a time ,I would like to get my 95 set up like an ss clone with an RS package ,then a nice red 02 ss totally stock would set me straight. for now its near time to put them away ,looks like I got a good week though before I put it away for winter ,tomorrow I get my winter car inspected 05 mercury sable good on gas

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 11-22-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by craby
355 would be a 350 bored .030 over.
does that give it more horsepower, or is it the same 145 hp?

Old 11-23-2015, 05:18 AM
4th Gear Member

Generally, when an engine increases in size, more power is created.

In identifying the engine, there is a pad with stamped numbers on it, pass side, in front of the cylinder head - providing the block deck has not been decked by the machine shop doing the cylinder boring.
There will be two sets of stamped numbers - partial VIN of the donor vehicle; and engine code relating to the assembly plant, date assembled and what year/application of engine.
Another identifier is the block casting number located behind the driver cylinder head on the section of block the bell housing bolts onto..
Eight of nine digit numbers raised above the surface. This casting number will at least get the block into a particular class of application.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Two days ago I bought a '82 Camaro Z28