New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hey guys! New to the site!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Smile New kid from LA

Hello all, my name is Phil. Well where can I start; I bought my 2000 Chevy Camaro around March of 2015 for $3000 cash off of craigslist, little did I know it had a ton of problems with it even though the seller told me there was nothing wrong. Throughout time the repairs cost me $3000, just to repair the shocks, struts, radiator, rims, exhaust, coolant, parasitic draw, and jesus christ there is a lot more I need to fix. I did not know it was going to be this costly so I listed up for craigslist for $2300, so far no buyers so I decided I will have to make reparations along the way but I cannot do it without your guy's help. Even though I owned this Camaro for little over 2 year I'm still a newbie in determining what is wrong with my car. I got lots of love for the camaro but it is costing me a fortune, I would rather fix it myself than to pay a mechanic that would charge me hell.

My 2000 Chevy Camaro is a salvaged title with 142XXX miles, 5 speed manual transmission, V6 engine with pioneer radio and Subwoofers with a Spectre cold air intake

Anyways I hope you guys can help me and hopefully make some friends on here! Thank you for taking the time to read and have a blessed day!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Welcome from the PAC NW.

Old 03-12-2017, 01:14 PM
4th Gear Member

welcome to the forum,got to be careful with used cars .most states have a check list of things you should check after you drive the car even a pre buy inspection,let this be a lesson for you to learn ,next time bring an experienced person with your man in your state check list a jack flash light so on,the ss hood makes up for $500.00 but yes you spent to much ,an i know you know it ,we all make the mistake ,next time drive the car for a long time ,the 141k would have been a sign to me ,that the car needs alot of things ,when people say nothing wrong with it ,you ask the question ,well what did you fix then confirm it was fixed if not you caught them in a lie ,i resenlty let go a 96 z28 couse the cons outed the pros at $1850.00 an 90k miles it had a misfire that i dont know if it was a bad cyclinder ,lots of body work tires so on leaks inside around tops an the car is still for sale 6 months later,he said $2500,00 worth of brakes ? who spends that much on brakes,then when he talked about both his kids driveing it ,then said he had it up to 150 mph that was it i was out. as well is it was his thought the stock rims were worth more then the car,there worth $200.00 ,allways look up kelly blue book value in my area value is $1400.00 like said the ss hood brings it up ,but i would rather have good running car that needs no more then $500.00 worth of work from the 2 to 3k range ,so live an learn ,it happens ,also on a used car ,i would not allway put expencive parts on it ,if there was things like rims you may not have needed ,another thing on those cars are the heads an leaks so magnifying glass should be brought too check heads ,i got a 99 need $500,00 of work 2k 87m miles ,next time shop shop shop ,

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-12-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 95 camaro 406
welcome to the forum,got to be careful with used cars .most states have a check list of things you should check after you drive the car even a pre buy inspection,let this be a lesson for you to learn ,next time bring an experienced person with your man in your state check list a jack flash light so on,the ss hood makes up for $500.00 but yes you spent to much ,an i know you know it ,we all make the mistake ,next time drive the car for a long time ,the 141k would have been a sign to me ,that the car needs alot of things ,when people say nothing wrong with it ,you ask the question ,well what did you fix then confirm it was fixed if not you caught them in a lie ,i resenlty let go a 96 z28 couse the cons outed the pros at $1850.00 an 90k miles it had a misfire that i dont know if it was a bad cyclinder ,lots of body work tires so on leaks inside around tops an the car is still for sale 6 months later,he said $2500,00 worth of brakes ? who spends that much on brakes,then when he talked about both his kids driveing it ,then said he had it up to 150 mph that was it i was out. as well is it was his thought the stock rims were worth more then the car,there worth $200.00 ,allways look up kelly blue book value in my area value is $1400.00 like said the ss hood brings it up ,but i would rather have good running car that needs no more then $500.00 worth of work from the 2 to 3k range ,so live an learn ,it happens ,also on a used car ,i would not allway put expencive parts on it ,if there was things like rims you may not have needed ,another thing on those cars are the heads an leaks so magnifying glass should be brought too check heads ,i got a 99 need $500,00 of work 2k 87m miles ,next time shop shop shop ,
Thank you!! Yes it was my mistake and I should've known better lesson learned tho. Needed that advice!

Old 03-15-2017, 03:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello Phil, welcome to the site! Nice to have you join us. Your Camaro is beautiful. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Feel free to reach out if any questions appear!

Old 03-17-2017, 07:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Thank you!!!