New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New, 96 Z28 pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default New, 96 Z28 pics

Hi, I'm new to the forum because I recently got a '96 Z28 auto with only 41k miles in perfect mint condition. There isn't even one chip in the paint or any signs of wear in the interior. The previous owner also installed an aftermarket exhaust that I haven't identified yet, a K&N cold air intake, and a nice stereo with mp3 player and usb port. I have posted more pics in the gallery.

I had a leased '95 Cobalt SS Supercharged 5-speed manual (which was a very fun car by the way) and the lease was ending. I am now back in school so although I had a little money in the bank, I needed something inexpensive and reliable that would get me through school without any trouble. I was afraid that I was going to have to find a low milage Cavalier or something but I was looking hard for a Z28 in good shape that was in my price range. I finally came upon this car on ebay after looking at several local cars here in Lexington KY that were pretty ratty. I really wanted a manual trans car, but everything else about it was perfect. It was even the color scheme I wanted. The only problem was that it was at a BMW dealer in Knoxville, TN (about 3 hourssoutheast) and they had it listed for $10,500 at their dealership. Ithought the car looked like it was worth every bit that much money, so I never thought I'dwin the bidding since my budget was much lower. To my shock, I won the bidding for only $6800!! I went down to Knoxville right away and the car looked even better than in the pictures. I couldn't believe that there wasn't anything wrong with it (besides a frayed sperpentine belt whichI replaced).The car looks and runs just like it was 1996 all over again, and the exhaust sounds mean. Let me know what you think; it's sure a lot better than I thought I would find!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:31 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: New, 96 Z28 pics

i love it. i always likes white.........

Old 01-15-2008, 01:05 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Looking good.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:14 PM
3rd Gear Member

I've told you in another thread, but I'll tell you again... That is one sharp looking Camaro. Nice gallery pics too. Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks, I'm enjoying it!

Old 01-16-2008, 11:11 PM
2nd Gear member

I agree, that might be the cleanest LT1 I've ever seen.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Very nice car, my old LT1 started off white before it ended up electron blue-ish. And I have told people before that luxury car dealerships are a great place to find Fbodies for cheap in very good condition. I found mine at a Mercedes place in New Hampshire. About 4-6k less than anywhere else on the net. These cars for them, are an eye soar in their lot.

You got a great deal. And yeah that Cobalt may have been fun, but you're in a Man's car now, it time for you to tear up some $*&#

I have pimp slapped a few Balt SS's ....not impressed

Enjoy your ride.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Zolius. I think you're right about that BMW dealer, they didn't respect the Camaro even though it may have been the best looking car on their lot... BMWs don't look quite as good as they used to.

About the Cobalt SS, it's one of the most underrated cars made, and Chevy guys should show it more love. It was never intended as a drag racing car. It's a road coarse car, and it would have the (slight) advantage over any stock Camaro in that type of racing. That said, I've actually killed some impressive cars drag racing from a roll in the Cobalt SS (it has horrible wheel hop from a dig) including a Mitsu Evo. My z28 would definitely beat it in a drag race though.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:09 AM
3rd Gear Member

I actually like those Cobalt SS's. This chick at my school has one, and I race her home every now and then. Pretty fair right? They have 205hp and 200tq. about what a 3.8 has, and mine isn't supercharged either.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:34 AM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: STIC5

Thanks Zolius. I think you're right about that BMW dealer, they didn't respect the Camaro even though it may have been the best looking car on their lot... BMWs don't look quite as good as they used to.

About the Cobalt SS, it's one of the most underrated cars made, and Chevy guys should show it more love. It was never intended as a drag racing car. It's a road coarse car, and it would have the (slight) advantage over any stock Camaro in that type of racing. That said, I've actually killed some impressive cars drag racing from a roll in the Cobalt SS (it has horrible wheel hop from a dig) including a Mitsu Evo. My z28 would definitely beat it in a drag race though.
Arrrgghh my pet peeve.... racing from a roll.....nothing says "I have no torque and/or can not launch so let me take away one of the strong abilities of You and YOUR car" more than ........lets race from a roll. Nothing against you personally, it's just so [:@].

I guess for those times when you encounter strategically placed orange cones on the road it would be handy to have the Balt. In all others, its Fbody all the waybrother.

Quick Reply: New, 96 Z28 pics