New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

My first time here! Have questions about a `69.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Default My first time here! Have questions about a `69.

Hello everyone!

This is my first time ever on these forums and it looks to be a huge resource of information from what I've gathered. The reason I'm posting is because my mom has a 1969 Camaro (307 engine, automatic, navy blue) that she is looking to sell. Neither her or I have any idea on it's actual value. MANY people stop on the property on a regular basis asking about it. Usually they toss out numbers that seem to be low. Maybe they are right, maybe not, I have no idea where to go to find out that information.

My mom's Camaro hasn't ran since 1993 and unfortunately she doesn't have a garage for it to sit in. In fact it has sat outside now for many years handling the weather. The whole car is there, although the motor was pulled in hopes of restoring it, but it was wrapped in a tarp and never touched. The fenders, quarterpanels are all rusted from the road salts over the years (she lives in the eastern panhandle of WV).

The interior would need heavy work, but it doesn't appear water damage has happened to it (yet). Being that I'm just giving a non expert opinion, it appears it would have to be entirely repainted, new parts, engine rebuilt, interior possibly redone with new fabrics for some of it. I'm not sure what it's worth.

It's nighttime now and I can get pictures tomorrow, but generally speaking what would this car with this condition be reasonably worth to someone who is going to buy it to restore themselves? Not necessarily to buy and flip and make a buck on the side for them?

A final side note. My mom owned this car since she bought it used (2 years old at the time) and had it ever since. She wanted to have me restore it, but her and my financial situation simply doesn't permit that and rather than see it deteriorate anymore she'd like to sell it, but only to someone who would cherish the vehicle to restore and to get it running. Not to chop for parts.

Thanks!

Old 08-27-2015, 12:52 PM
4th Gear Member

In your court, you have a numbers matching Plain Jane Camaro, aka, 307/Powerglide.
What other people see is the toll weather and the ground has taken upon the body.
Kind of like lift up the radiator cap and place another car underneath of it.
Pictures would make for a better opinion.