LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Z28 competition headers + Video

Old 08-03-2015, 04:58 AM
Former Sponsor
Default Z28 competition headers + Video

Hi everyone,

today we would like to share with you one of the coolest set of headers for 4th gen Z28 Camaro from our inventory.
These competition headers are designed for the maximum performance output from your engine. Paired with a nice cat back or other exhaust system they may give you up to + 5-8% HP and Torque improvement.

Needless to say that they sound amazing with those deep sporty tones of a proper V8 exhaust.

There are 2 options:

HookerŽ - Super Competition Long Tube Header

• Z28 LT1
  • Extreme performance
  • Legal Only For Off-Highway / Racing Use

1.75" Diameter / 3" Collector Diameter / 10" Lenght, Full Length, Port Shape: Same As Port, Fits With Angle Plug Heads.

HookerŽ - Super Competition Shorty Header
  • Z28 LT1
  • Some Cutting and Welding Required To Install Y-Pipe

1.625" Diameter / 2.5" Collector Diameter, Fits With Angle Plug Heads. Direct Bolt-In; LT-1 Dual Cat F-Bodies.

Here is a small YouTube video from a Camaro enthusiast. It shows Hooker headers and cat back:

What do you guys think about these headers?

Old 08-03-2015, 08:40 AM
4th Gear Member

thanks for the sponsorship. There are many choices out there with respect to from which reseller to purchase products. Given that, it tends to come down to 3 things, price, price and price.

But, what amazes me is that I have not seen one reseller take up the concept of kitting.

For example, the gaskets which might come with headers are awful. When installing long tubes in a 4th gen then O2 extensions are needed, yet never kitted. Also, why not offer a bargain for those who buy headers, and the cat back? If the buyers don't have a credit card or sufficent cash, then partner with a finance company who will offer credit so you cover all the bases

kit with good gaskets such as Percy's, O2 extenders, decent bolts, a cat back and Y pipe which fits and even offer an option of 8 new spark plugs and wires.

one stop kitting and financing; now that's a value add but, it must be priced fairly.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Back in the day, Hooker meant "they fit, period"!! Do they still live up to their past reputation?
And yeah, a one-stop shopping bundle would be a good idea. I guess t.i.g. does come up with some good ideas........every great once in a while!

Old 08-03-2015, 10:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Never buy a set of headers that don't have Ball Flanges at the Collectors!!!!

Old 08-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Oh yes, you can get absolutely everything you need for your Camaro at our store. If you are looking to swap the complete exhaust system we will be glad to supply it all together. There is also a Pay Pal credit option, so if you are looking to pay later, it's quite a good option.
Discounts are available for forum members.

As for the headers, we have them in a polished finish + they do fit as they're supposed to!

Old 08-04-2015, 11:19 AM
4th Gear Member

sound good for cat back ,but tru dual is like night an day

Old 08-05-2015, 07:38 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by carid
Oh yes, you can get absolutely everything you need for your Camaro at our store. If you are looking to swap the complete exhaust system we will be glad to supply it all together. There is also a Pay Pal credit option, so if you are looking to pay later, it's quite a good option.
Discounts are available for forum members.

As for the headers, we have them in a polished finish + they do fit as they're supposed to!

not to pile upon my initial response to you but do you understand what "kitting" means

It's awesome that you can get all the gadgets from your store. Do you want to make your prospective buyers have to guess what they need, the keywords to locate them and then make choices over every single item????

That is how you drive away sales

Allow torque_is_good to offer a suggestion as to how you present your nessage

"Folks, our full kits provide the combination of best-of-breed and fair prices. We've put together kits which save you time, money and the headaches of discovering that an item was overlooked after you've already begun the project. Please also check out our avaialble financing

Our turn-key header/exahust system includes........yada yada yada (I'm not going to do all of your work here now am I)

In addition, when installing headers, it's a great time to replace your spark plugs and wires

good- describe the 8 plugs and wires and price

better- describe better wires and 8 plugs and price

optional iridium upgrade on spark plugs- show the uplift cost to either option a or b"

now, back to oration by TIG; shouldn't a goal of any business be to increase the value of each sale? From a customer's perspective, shouldn't doing projects be simplified at as many levels as possible? Basic marketing stuff here. Of course, the ala-carte option is always there but kits would have the incentive of discount pricing because of the bundle.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:08 PM
2nd Gear member

What TIG said.

I know that I am always guessing if I have every little gasket or bolt when starting a project. A complete soup to nuts kit is what I would want if doing a full header/exhaust swap in my garage. Even though I don't drive my Camaro everyday, just knowing that I can't drive it because I am missing a hanger, or gasket would really be a downer.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks for supporting the 4th gen LT1's. Vendors and mfrs have been leaving fast for better volume and money elsewhere. My Edelbrocks are no longer available and Hooker is one of only two mfrs of smog legal headers for the F-bodies. I always like Hooker headers and those look great.