LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

What are these???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 12:15 AM
2nd Gear member
Default What are these???

I was cleaning my 95 Z28 out and In the glove box, where all my cables are for my LT1 edit software was, I found these little guys in a bag...I emailed the builder to see what they are, havent heard back yet.

Attached Thumbnails What are these???-2012-01-25-11.49.30.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Droid
Old 01-26-2012, 01:42 AM
2nd Gear member

What are they for, or do?

Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by numskull223
What are they for, or do?
it's writable memory where the program is stored

we have flash and ram in the products we build. The flash stores the "firmware" that we write and then that "code" expands and runs in memory (RAM)

have you ever heard the term "re-flash" the computer or "flash" the device?

what it really means is to load firmware into flash memory.

many many moons ago there were ROMS, PROMS and EPROMS. Today, flash has taken the place of it and allows for simplified upgrading of code vs replacing chips or having an expensive programmer.

When your cell phone gets "updated" the new imnage is written to flash.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

lmao...I get this when I click on Pete's link: "Your require pages is cannot open by blow. Reason : Connect this pages through directly deep link".
Then I have to click on button to view datasheet.
Nice Engrish and gramer fol a "professionar" website! They sure spent some time with spell/grammar check, eh?

Old 01-26-2012, 08:50 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
it's writable memory where the program is stored

we have flash and ram in the products we build. The flash stores the "firmware" that we write and then that "code" expands and runs in memory (RAM)

have you ever heard the term "re-flash" the computer or "flash" the device?

what it really means is to load firmware into flash memory.

many many moons ago there were ROMS, PROMS and EPROMS. Today, flash has taken the place of it and allows for simplified upgrading of code vs replacing chips or having an expensive programmer.

When your cell phone gets "updated" the new imnage is written to flash.
HUH, so does this mean that there actually could be a different tune on each one, and all I have to do is install the chip.

The email from the build was short. "T is the tune, other one is back-up."

Old 01-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Droid

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
lmao...I get this when I click on Pete's link: "Your require pages is cannot open by blow. Reason : Connect this pages through directly deep link".
Then I have to click on button to view datasheet.
Nice Engrish and gramer fol a "professionar" website! They sure spent some time with spell/grammar check, eh?
LMAO. That is what usually happens when a foreign language is translated word for word into English by someone that does not know English.

Many moons ago when I was finished with the US Army, I purchased a Honda motorcycle from a fellow GI who took it home with him from Japan. With the bike came an owners manual which made little sense, but was a riot to read. One of the funnier instructions was to make sure the engine was wormed before riding it. I wasn't sure if I should first take the bike to the vet to get the engine wormed, and then I just could not figure out how I was supposed to ride the engine.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:45 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by z28pete
LMAO. That is what usually happens when a foreign language is translated word for word into English by someone that does not know English.

Many moons ago when I was finished with the US Army, I purchased a Honda motorcycle from a fellow GI who took it home with him from Japan. With the bike came an owners manual which made little sense, but was a riot to read. One of the funnier instructions was to make sure the engine was wormed before riding it. I wasn't sure if I should first take the bike to the vet to get the engine wormed, and then I just could not figure out how I was supposed to ride the engine.
since we're off-topic

I just returned from my annual CES trip (consumer electronics show). It is hysterical to read the product sheets written in Chinglish

Old 01-27-2012, 08:47 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by numskull223
HUH, so does this mean that there actually could be a different tune on each one, and all I have to do is install the chip.

The email from the build was short. "T is the tune, other one is back-up."
if it were me, what would I do?

Do you see that round plastic cylinder in the corner? Walk over to it, remove the lid, and place those chips inside of it and don't look back, don't care, don't think they are anything special.

If you want a new tune then have it done based upon the mods the vehicle has and the datalog taken from the car in its present state

Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I thought the 95 were flashable and the 93 back had to replace the Proms? You can buy hand help programmers for 94 and 95's?

You could check the current PCM and see if there is a replacable memory chip in there. He could have a tack only chip or they could be for other mods already gone. But I agree with Torque you could be inviting trouble.

Last edited by Gorn; 01-27-2012 at 11:26 AM.