Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  
Go Back   Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum > Fourth Generation (1993-2002) > 93-02 Drivetrain > LT1/LT4 Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2010, 10:57 PM
2nd Gear member
No cars in sewerrat's garage, add now

Default Cranks, starts for a few seconds then dies

Need help guys. 94 Camaro Lt1. Engine cranks over and fires up but only for a few seconds then dies. My security light nor the check engine light is on or flashing. I scanned for codes and none are stored. Fuel pump can be heard and jumps to 43 psi at KOEO then drops to bout 38-35 when trying to start. Pressure holds at 38 long after cranking. I removed one of my injector connectors to probe for power when KO. There is power to the ign side terminal when KO but dies of shortly after cranking.

I'm guessing it's my Vats, right? I had a similar symptoms when building my stand-alone 02 5.3 from a donor silverado for another project and had to send out the ecm to deactivate the passlock.

So I think these are my options. remove the steering column and try to by-pass the vats with an equivalent rated resistor or send out my ecm to delete the vats. I'm wondering if these vehicles have a re-learn procedure like the 02 silvy?

I'm thinking it's a good idea to keep the vats enabled especially now days with all the car thefts but I need to get the car back home so I'm thinking of by-passing it for now then try and reactivate it later. My Haynes doesn't show **** about this issue so can you guys show me a link with step by step instructions? thanks for any replies
Old 09-02-2010, 11:21 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
1993 Chevrolet Camaro
My Garage

injectors have power all the time. you need to use a noid light on it to check it right. what scanner are you using? if vats was inabled the car would not turn over and if its activated while running its not supposed to turn the motor off. need to check for spark at the plug when it will not run. this should be close to what you have its for my 93, so does it do the start, die thing every time?
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

93 z28, 4 bolt block,le2 heads,le intake,58mm bbk,223/230 565/565 112,cc 1.6 rr,moroso cai & 5.5 oil pan, kooks headers&cated y,corsa cat back,patc raptor level 3 trany,2000 stall 2.5x converter&trans cooler,30# red top injectors,lt1pcmtuning tune, koni double adj, spohns 9in moser rearend, tunnel brace torque arm, shock tower brace, panhard bar, rear lower control arms, subframe connectors & hp driveline.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Activity Stream
Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  

Tags
1993, 1994, 94, camaro, car, cranks, die, dies, engine, lt1, lti, motor, seconds, starts, starys