LS Series Tech 1998-2002

ASR Anti Slip Regulation or Automatic Slip or Acceleration Slip or Traction Control

Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Default ASR Anti Slip Regulation or Automatic Slip or Acceleration Slip or Traction Control

OK, these are some of the things that I know of as traction control:

ASR
Anti Slip Regulation or
Automatic Slip or
Acceleration Slip or
Acceleration Stop or
or Traction Control.

You also cannot search on this forum with "ASR." It is too few characters. Unless there is something I am missing, I need help.

From this point forward, I will refer to traction control as ASR. My ASR stopped working last week. Nothing new has happened or changed. This is how it happens:

I start my 2000 Camaro Z28 6spd. The vehicle is stock. The car is in neutral on flat ground with the emergency brake pulled. The ASR light on the switch is ON, indicating that ASR is working properly. I can push the switch to turn ASR on or off. When I push the button, the light on the switch turns OFF, and the light on the instrument panel that says "ASR off" turns ON. I only say the last statement to let you know that ASR appears to work. I can release the emergency brake and roll forward or backward. I can even let out on the clutch while it is in gear and have the vehicle move forward or backward under its own power. However, as soon as I press the accelerator pedal, the switch deactivates and the light on the instrument panel that says "ASR off" turns ON. I can NO LONGER push the switch to turn the ASR on. It is disabled for the remainder of the time the engine is left on. If I turn the engine off and back on, it starts all over. ABS works fine, I have tested it.

Note:
  • 2000 Camaro Z28 6spd
  • 100% stock
  • ABS works fine
  • No check engine light
  • Everything else in the vehicle works fine

I have read this forum, and search has helped me most of the time. This is my first posting here. Please help me.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:23 AM
3rd Gear Member

firstly it a good thing it is off, always drive with it off because the system is rubbish, anyways after my rant you may want to check the connectors on the hall sensors behind each rear brake housing, these are the sensors so you may have an issue there that it doesnt know until the wheel rotates ( this is how they work) check the connections first. If they are ok then you may have a sensor problem. other wise i wouldnt know how your traction control works different to mine as my 99 is cable throttle not electric. hope this helps

Old 05-08-2009, 06:23 PM

[quote=whoisit299;320225]OK, these are some of the things that I know of as traction control:...

Have you checked for a bad relay?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Overdrive Member

Might want to check if your car has the SLP ASR reversal module:
http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...15&BIG=63015-1

Originally Posted by whoisit299
OK, these are some of the things that I know of as traction control:

ASR
Anti Slip Regulation or
Automatic Slip or
Acceleration Slip or
Acceleration Stop or
or Traction Control.

You also cannot search on this forum with "ASR." It is too few characters. Unless there is something I am missing, I need help.

From this point forward, I will refer to traction control as ASR. My ASR stopped working last week. Nothing new has happened or changed. This is how it happens:

I start my 2000 Camaro Z28 6spd. The vehicle is stock. The car is in neutral on flat ground with the emergency brake pulled. The ASR light on the switch is ON, indicating that ASR is working properly. I can push the switch to turn ASR on or off. When I push the button, the light on the switch turns OFF, and the light on the instrument panel that says "ASR off" turns ON. I only say the last statement to let you know that ASR appears to work. I can release the emergency brake and roll forward or backward. I can even let out on the clutch while it is in gear and have the vehicle move forward or backward under its own power. However, as soon as I press the accelerator pedal, the switch deactivates and the light on the instrument panel that says "ASR off" turns ON. I can NO LONGER push the switch to turn the ASR on. It is disabled for the remainder of the time the engine is left on. If I turn the engine off and back on, it starts all over. ABS works fine, I have tested it.

Note:
  • 2000 Camaro Z28 6spd
  • 100% stock
  • ABS works fine
  • No check engine light
  • Everything else in the vehicle works fine

I have read this forum, and search has helped me most of the time. This is my first posting here. Please help me.