Intake, Headers, and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2013 2SS noob...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Question 2013 2SS noob...

Hi all,

So I recently bought a brand new 2013 2SS, the whole V8 6.2L engine is amazing and I love it. I would like to know what upgrades or mods I can purchase, hopefully without busting my warranty wide open. Specifically things that dont change the aesthetics of the car, and that make it a bit louder.

Also, any good links to articles that can explain car tech to a newbie like me would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

I know there's bolt on superchargers that won't void the warranty, and I'm sure a catback would be fine too.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:38 AM

First congratulations and good luck with your newly acquired 5th Gen. The issue of voiding warranty arises all the time.

Here is an excerpt from the Magnusson Act:

Under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, 15 USC, 2302 and Clean Air Act 42 of USA code 7541, you have rights.

This legislation basically states that:

In order for a dealer/manufacturer to deny a warranty on a claimed part, they must PROVE that the part YOU installed/had installed DIRECTLY caused the failure of the part on which you’re claiming the warranty.

As a former 5th Gen owner, I would suggest doing more research and getting more facts, on your own.

Depending on where you live and your specific dealership, they may or may not give you a hard time regarding warranty issues and aftermarket modifications. You're just gonna have to test the waters.

If keeping your warranty is the furthest from your mind, have at it.

If you're worried about maintaining you warranty, keep in mind that whatever engine mod's you do, it should be accompanied by a CARB (CAlifornia Air Resources Board) plate or number. There are other types of mod's that don't come with CARB numbers, ie: electrical stuff, catback exhausts, etc. This is of course, if you live in CA. Other states have their own provisions.

There are a ton of aftermarket stuff out there for the 5th Gen's, both cosmetic and drivetrain related.

Allen

Last edited by Kunihiro; 11-09-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Chaos4402
Hi all,

So I recently bought a brand new 2013 2SS, the whole V8 6.2L engine is amazing and I love it. I would like to know what upgrades or mods I can purchase, hopefully without busting my warranty wide open. Specifically things that dont change the aesthetics of the car, and that make it a bit louder.

Also, any good links to articles that can explain car tech to a newbie like me would be greatly appreciated.
A simple and easy mod would be to update the air intake with an aftermarket cold air induction. Easy way to plus up the HP just a little and without costing an arm and a leg. After that you might update the exhaust but then you will need to decide how far you want to go with the upgrade (axle back, cat back, headers back or entire system change out).