General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

windshield problem (nickdotcom)

Old 08-27-2007, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear member
Default windshield problem (nickdotcom)

My car sits outside in my drive way. And every morning at about 6:50 i go out to leave to schooland my front and back windshield is covered in mositure. so i constantly wipe it off before i drive to school but it keeps comming back. so as im driving i have the winshield wippers on med. speed because they wipe off the moisture but it keeps comming back to the piont to where i cant freakin see. by back windshield is really bad because i have nothing to whipe it off when im driving. i literally cant see the car thats diving behind me. this time of year in houston its very humid so maybe thats the prob.And thats why i wanted nickdotcom to read this cause i know hes also here in houston and wanted to know if he has the same prob. or if any body else does. and its on the outside of the windshield so the defroster is useless.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: windshield problem (nickdotcom)

I have the same problem every morning here in florida too. exsept its year round. I used to sqeedgy it off, but now I just give it some gas & try & make it run off. turn on your heater to high & put it on the windsheild, that should take care of it. the back one, your out of luck i guess?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Overdrive Member

Typically if I turn on the rear window defroster it'll go away a bit quicker, but I'm in Denver where it is dry and it still happens.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:38 PM
2nd Gear member

does not happen in my camaro, but in my cavalier, i have it happen, if you have a defroster that def helps a lot

Old 08-28-2007, 05:57 PM
2nd Gear member

i have used the de froster but it doesnt do anything because my problem is on the out side of the windshield

Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Overdrive Member

Even if it's on the outside, heating the windshield up helps. It doesn't go away as quickly, but it definately helps.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:41 PM
2nd Gear member

the windshield is already warm its 80 degrees when i leave. its not frost

Old 08-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Droid

It is not a matter of frost, you just need to heat up the windshield to evaporate the moisture that is on it. Turn the defroster on hot with the fan on high, and open the windows so that you wont overheat. LOL

Old 08-30-2007, 04:45 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: TheStig

I have the same problem every morning here in florida too. exsept its year round. I used to sqeedgy it off, but now I just give it some gas & try & make it run off. turn on your heater to high & put it on the windsheild, that should take care of it. the back one, your out of luck i guess?
happens to me every morning in fl too. but it usually goes away pretty quick because of the sun.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:53 PM
3rd Gear Member

Oh my G0d, somebody is running around putting condensation on the glass of every Camaro in America....
wax your glass...then once you start to move it will bead up and roll off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: windshield problem (nickdotcom)