General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power Steering Fluid Leak?

Old 02-19-2010, 10:10 PM

haha well i was actually looking at the wrong thing all along, but this helps, thanks!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:12 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Since I was at it I checked mine too, bone dry. I know mine is leaking now, so I'll add that to the list. Good luck with yours.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:17 PM

hmm well i will look at the fluid level, because it doesn't whine like its a belt, my civic used to whine, but that was a loose belt, this sound is like a constant whine when the car is moving and it gets even louder when i turn the wheel.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Maybe both then, belt and low fluid.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:20 PM

ok new info, my boyfriend looked at it earlier, and he just now told me that it was "wet all over the rack and pinions"...my camaro is a 96 V6, the mechanic who changed my oil mentioned a belt needed to be replaced, but he didn't tell me the name of it, and its under a fan type thing.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:30 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Well the fluid isnt too much $$$. You could put some in see if it helps the noise and keep an eye on the level. But I bet it is a leak. I think I will try and take mine apart tomorrow and see if I can seal it up better. The belt is real easy on mine, just loosen the pump, old off, new on, and tighten it back down (with tension on the belt). But I am guessing I have a lot more room under the hood than you also. Thats the best about the old ones.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:32 PM

lol yea i was just googling what to do to change all of this stuff and my engine has like tons of room on the side of the car that i WON'T be working on...so of course, i will spend my afternoon tomorrow changing a pump/belt/adding fluid thanks and good luck with yours and since we seem to have the same problem, let me know if you find a quicker/cheaper fix! thanks again!!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by LiMariee
dude, i used to drive a honda civic too, and i just got the camaro. stop being a jerk and don't call me a boy. i'm female and i know enough about civics to run you in the dirt, but when it comes to camaros i'm lost. evidently you are in the wrong forum so head on back to the ricer section of the internet, and run yourself off of a cliff. and study some vocabulary because you are lacking in that area. mk thanks.
Hey bruh, why are you so defensive when somebody disses you. You sound like the biggest ricer ever, man. I'd suggest you just buy a Dodge Caravan and stay in the kitchen

Old 02-19-2010, 10:40 PM

stop quoting Ray William Johnson. and no it just made me mad that the guy not only dissed me several times, but he also dissed four other people's camaros not 5 minutes after saying he wanted one himself. seemed stupid and if he's going to call me out, why not return the favor?

Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by LiMariee
stop quoting Ray William Johnson. and no it just made me mad that the guy not only dissed me several times, but he also dissed four other people's camaros not 5 minutes after saying he wanted one himself. seemed stupid and if he's going to call me out, why not return the favor?

WHo in the world is Ray William Johnson? Is he an Imperial Wizard or something?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Steering Fluid Leak?