General Racing/Tech General talk about Racing or help setting up your car

Camaro SS can be taken by Audi A4???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Default Camaro SS can be taken by Audi A4???

Hello from Caracas, Venezuela. Please I apologize my grammar is not so good.

I awaiting for my 2011 Camaro 2SS with L98 (please don't hate for no manual transmission)to be deliver hopeful early next month. My daily driver is Chevy TrailBlazer. Anyways, my cousin has a 2010 Audi A4 manual transmission with some mods, turbo, exhaust, tune, suspension. It is nice and I ride in it it's quick but now he says he can beat my new L98 when it comes. I think there is no way he can beat me but he says already in a Audi forum someone of 2009 A4 with similar kinds of mods can take SS.

Is it possible? If so, is it because of audi quattro awd? I still can't believe anyone 2.0 4 cylinder car can beat Camaro SS. even if turbocharged. My cousin says we can make bet. I told him I think about it. I never drove 2011 Camaro SS yet but thought will be almost as fast as my fathers C6 Corvette. I never race my fathers C6 or he kill me but I am sure it is faster than my cousin A4 alot. Am I crazy or is my cousin just try to scare me. I know modified EVO mitsubishi already beat my cousin and EVO has ony about 360 hp with mods.

Should I wait to drive my Camaro before I accept bet from cousin? Tired from him say I will lose every day.

Any advices will be appreciated.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

id wait till you drive the car first my buddy has an srt4 dodge neon all hes done to it is a bigger turbo and bigger intercooler and it destroys stock c6 vettes all day... turbos add alot of power to very light 4 cylinders... im going to have to side with your cousin and say hes going to take all your money here lol

Old 07-22-2011, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
id wait till you drive the car first my buddy has an srt4 dodge neon all hes done to it is a bigger turbo and bigger intercooler and it destroys stock c6 vettes all day... turbos add alot of power to very light 4 cylinders... im going to have to side with your cousin and say hes going to take all your money here lol
SRT dodge neon weighs 1300 kg, 800 lbs less than new A4 1,695 kg (3,737 lb)

Audi A4 is not so light car anymore... lot bigger than last few generation of that model. Even company he get the mods from (APR in USA), only claims 312 hp, 367 tq. They calim no hp increases for those other mods, just more consistent power.

Is Chevrolet lying about the 400 hp of L99? I am very confused how 3,700 lb car can beat a 3900 lb Camaro that has 80 hp more and way much more tq... Maybe I should cancel Camaro order. I love how it looks but I thought it was pretty fast.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

alot of it is the awd think about how much tire to road surface there is... this is all by knowledge i have no idea who would win i havent drive a new a4 or a new camaro... i know me and my buddy took a 97hp miata threw a stock evo turbo on it tuned the comp and now shes putting 278hp to the wheels at 12lbs of boost on a stock N/A bottom end turbos do wonders in the world of power... thats why i said drive the car before you bet but defiantly get the camaro even if you cant beat some german pos

Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 AM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

Eh, its kind of a toss up on what can happen. I mean, you have a lighter boosted 4 cylinder AWD which would have a far better launch than you, but the Camaro is V8. If he has no slips and numbers to HP, then he has no credibility. A modded Evo with 360hp could easily dip into the 12s so if he gets beat by that, it might be fair. Race him is all I say, if he loses, tell him to never talk until he sees what the other car can do first. Rule of thumb

Old 07-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Droid

A lot depends on how much boost the turbo is pumping into the 2 liter A4 engine. A good all out installation can easily double the power of the A4. Of course the engine would have to be built to take the abuse.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:56 PM

I am at club last night and meet the owner of shop that does install all the parts on my cousin A4. He tells me that only the APR K04 turbo, tune, and this high speed cat converter makes any power for him. Says maybe my cousin can make 320-325 hp maybe 360 tq.

I calculate the power to weigh ratio and equal 11.4 lbs/hp for the Audi and 9 lbs/hp for the SS. So I ask my cousin how much he thinks he wants to risk money? Now he change his mind... Like you all have said to me to wait and try drive it first, now he too wants to wait and see...

He says that maybe guy on Audi forum lies. He says someone there race lots of cars for long time and says that guy who is claims his '09 A4 can beat a 2010 Camaro SS is liar. I have him show me and it was too funny how the one guy calls the A4 driver liar but says maybe the SS was let him be so close so next time he can bet some money and take it from A4 driver... I think now my cousin get those cold feet. hehehehe.

Now I can't wait to see how my SS will be fast when it comes.

btw, if someone interst to read the funny at A4 forum its here. modded 2010 a4 b8 k04 vs modded 2010 camaro ss auto - AudiWorld Forums

I think so funny because now my cousin is no talking trash about Camaro SS anymore. Before he made me feel stupid in front of my family and friend. Now he stay shut up and I can't wait to get delivered new SS.

Thanks for your answers, help me think careful and not take stupid chance to lose money on car I never drive yet.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:38 AM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

I still think that he will have a better launch than you because he is AWD, but, you will catch him and pass him unless his car really is that fast and he can stay with you. I doubt he will beat you. I have raced a newer Audi A4 T, ~2006 with upgraded exhaust (downpipes and catback) and a tune. And it still wasn't much of a match for my Balt on a roll. Now I have raced a 2SS from a roll 60-120 and I got smashed, but not that bad....

Old 07-25-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by SprSSBalt
I still think that he will have a better launch than you because he is AWD, but, you will catch him and pass him unless his car really is that fast and he can stay with you. I doubt he will beat you. I have raced a newer Audi A4 T, ~2006 with upgraded exhaust (downpipes and catback) and a tune. And it still wasn't much of a match for my Balt on a roll. Now I have raced a 2SS from a roll 60-120 and I got smashed, but not that bad....
on a 30 mph roll on in second gear i was walking him a little bit. then off the line he got a little jump on me and i was on his rear bumper and was starting to catch up to him. so heres the comparison on a modded k04 b8 and a modded 2010 camaro ss.
That is claim made by audi driver. He claim he gets taken from line but can then catch him. But claims to pull away from SS in roll on run. So much for that quattro awd giving him better launch. Oh and as Camaro owner on the audi forum show him already his claim seems bs because he also say the the Camaro SS is modified with intake, exhaust, and a computer tune. Seem like he dreamed of this race more than actual happened.

E55 AMG owner telled him to bring his car plus pink slip and he will buy him a plane ticket home.

Like the old saying you have in USA.. no replacements for displacements. even turbo unless you go big and run big boost but then you need to build a good block for that too, yes?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Fancy Sparkle

Originally Posted by CaracasL99
That is claim made by audi driver. He claim he gets taken from line but can then catch him. But claims to pull away from SS in roll on run. So much for that quattro awd giving him better launch. Oh and as Camaro owner on the audi forum show him already his claim seems bs because he also say the the Camaro SS is modified with intake, exhaust, and a computer tune. Seem like he dreamed of this race more than actual happened.

E55 AMG owner telled him to bring his car plus pink slip and he will buy him a plane ticket home.

Like the old saying you have in USA.. no replacements for displacements. even turbo unless you go big and run big boost but then you need to build a good block for that too, yes?
lol, i figured i'd better get over there and spread a little truth about the 5th gens

Quick Reply: Camaro SS can be taken by Audi A4???