I'd like to know what wash product's are best,

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default I'd like to know what wash product's are best,

Simple question for most, But I bet thare are some "auto body" pro's that spend every day in the trade & know what are the best over the counter products to keep Our Cam's lookin sweet for year's to come.While I have a backround in the things that make cars go,I know little or nothing about todays factory finishes. I assume [ from past years ] that the factory uses a clear coat over the paint. Again,I'm just guessing they still use the same basic method.But, here's the reason for my post. What are the best/ most durable,Easiesy to use product's on the market for our regular car wash ? There's, turtle wax, armour -all, Macguiars, etc., etc. I'd love to hear from a auto body paint pro's As well as the Guys [ & gals ] that are sharper than I scouring the I-net reviews of products. Aren't Ques. like these are the reason for forums like this , in the 1st place ? westmassk

Old 09-10-2010, 03:52 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Best car wash supplies

I use Meguiars products exclusively and here is why. I have worked in body shops over the years, and have never had a negative encounter with paint adherence. I use the gold class carwash and it keeps it shining, and suds up really well. The car is a 1996 Camaro, and it litterally still looks like new. I polish and wax it once a year. So far so good.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks rsss

Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and mine is that Mother's products are the best. Also think they have the widest variety of products. Thats what I use for all my vehicles.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:47 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

meguirs wheel cleaners, mothers wax, armour all interior, windex for windows, turtle wash soap, i use a big mix but its the way it turns out right for me

Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 AM
3rd Gear Member

From my experience, never use Armor All on black leather. It turns it gray.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Well thats plenty of food for thought.How about the rims ? Are they clear -coated too protect from brake dust cleaners ? I havn't even noticed any brake dust atre 4K miles,but should it show up,what's safe on the rims ? thanks , westmassk

Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

meguirs makes all dif kinds and works great for me

Old 09-19-2010, 09:36 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by RSSSCamaro
I use Meguiars products exclusively and here is why. I have worked in body shops over the years, and have never had a negative encounter with paint adherence. I use the gold class carwash and it keeps it shining, and suds up really well. The car is a 1996 Camaro, and it litterally still looks like new. I polish and wax it once a year. So far so good.
i thought alot of suds are the culprit of water spots? now i know if you dry the car well so there is no water but the next morning when the due sets and drys on your car you will have spots. i use ibiz wash products they have a no suds formula and work well. i think they are only found online, i havent seen any in stores. i got mine at the new york intl auto show

Last edited by redsoxsstink; 09-20-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:34 AM
Overdrive Member
Default Suds

Suds themselves aren't the culprit of water spots. Water spots come from the minerals in the water you use to wash the car. Suds are good because the dirt is lifted from the surface with them. There is such a thing as too much suds, but Megiuars has found a good balance here. What it all comes down to is personal prefernce.

Quick Reply: I'd like to know what wash product's are best,