At home Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 04:20 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default At home Lifts

I have been keeping an eye out for small lift. I was thinking like a 50-60" lift. Does anyone have one? Opinion? I saw a air over hydralic on craig list the other week for $750. The add was gone the next day.

Last edited by Gorn; 07-28-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:11 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I can always wish. I have a few jackstand and a couple floor jacks..... while I am in the Army its pretty much all I can do till I find something more permanent.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:55 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Me and my dad have talked about getting one for the new garage but neither one of us have a real need for one at the moment. I'd like to have a 2 post Bendpak XP9F lift some day.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:38 AM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I like the Benpak stuff. I have been eyeing up their mid rise hoist. I just can not afford the full price right now.

http://www.bendpak.com/products/auto...fts/md-6xp.php

Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 AM
1st Gear Member

how much does a lift cost brand new? just wondering lol wash looking at the site and couldnt find the price anywhere. Not that I want one let alone have the room for one lol. Just curious.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:02 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

http://www.garageautotools.com/Produ...=BendPakMD-6XP

Harbor freight sells it also internet only. but by the time you add shipping its not a good deal,
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=98168

They also sell the China knockoff $1,399 but that fall on the other side of where I draw my line on knockoff. That thing has a defect and it could bring a world of hurt. They even had a cheaper one but unless I know there are thousands of them in use with no problems I am not rolling those dice.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks your so helpful to me lol. I like the 2 posts better tho. seem to have more clearance to work on exhaust if you ask me. Lol i dont think i would like to rely on HF Lift. Be scared ever time i went near it. But there price looks so nice lol.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:05 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Gorn
I like the Benpak stuff. I have been eyeing up their mid rise hoist. I just can not afford the full price right now.

lol. my neighbor has one similar to that.......

first day he got it, brand new, he lifted his covair up, took his wheels off to go get sand blasted and when he came back next day his car was sitting on the axles.

if u get one make sure it has a back up brake system so it cant come down all the way. (like a lock that locks it in place.)

Old 08-03-2009, 01:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Gorn

that would actually be nice to have since its not bolted to the ground. We sometime have stuff in the garage and sometimes dont. We painted stuff before and dont have a lot of room to work in even tho its 40 by 40 with a 40 by 40 back room for storage. This winter's project is to rebuild a bobcat my dad got this summer. Then to fix up a 56 John Deere tractor.

Originally Posted by Mesosneaky
how much does a lift cost brand new? just wondering lol wash looking at the site and couldnt find the price anywhere. Not that I want one let alone have the room for one lol. Just curious.
the XP9F I would like to have is $2900 plus install. It is a 2 post lift and can lift 9,000LBs.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
3rd Gear Member

I am just getting done with a 28 by 34 garage I built it with 12' 2" ceilings to install a lift. I will hopefully be getting the lift when I get done with the garage in about a month or so. Has anyone installed one of the 2 post lifts? I am curious of any problems to look out for such as distance from walls concrete thickness or whatever.

Quick Reply: At home Lifts