Camaro Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

HELP....My Thread Disappeared!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner
Default HELP....My Thread Disappeared!!!

Actually it didn't disappear! The recent "facelift" to the site has changed a couple of ways threads are now being categorized....
In each generation section, we now have a separate heading for "Transmission & Differential". Any questions pertaining to the transmission, driveshaft, rearend, and related components, will now get posted in there. Additionally, any previous threads that were in each gen's General section, or in the General Drivetrain tech section below, have been, or are still being moved to their respective generation sections/topic areas.
Same thing for the Engine, Wheels & Tires, and Interior sections.
The idea here is to keep "like kinds" together (subjects that pertain to your generation under that section).
The General section is still there, and any questions that don't pertain to the previously mentioned sections, can go in there.
With most of the threads that I have moved (other than old ones), I gave them a one week redirect (shows thread moved with a link), so that the OP won't lose it. After that, the message will disappear to keep things looking "clean". If you can't find a thread that you posted, look under the section that's related to your subject matter, it's out there.....your threads did not get deleted.
One more thing that was changed; in each Gen section, the General, Engine, Transmission, Interior, and Wheels & Tires headings have the years shown in them. The reason for that is so that if you click on the "New Posts" link in the top yellow bar, the threads will now show what section they are in.
Hope you guys all understand that the changes that were made, were done to help keep things more organized, and in the long run, easier to navigate.

Last edited by Camaro 69; 02-26-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I just can't get on the band wagon Chuck. Sorry, but I don't find anything about the new format easier.
Now I see the 2nd gen topic on this suject has been closed, so I guess if we want to rant about our distaste for the new format it will simply be closed, not addressed.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

The thread in 2nd gen was on the subject of "OMG what happened to the General section"? Which was being followed up with a "if it's gonna be like this, I'm outta here" theme. Since the temporarily MIA General section was only for a half a day if that, I saw no sense in keeping that thread with it's negative tones around. The subject of that thread was, and is, a non-issue. No questions or issues are going to get deleted just because they're there, and things aren't falling on deaf ears.
For our sake, what are you having issues with navigating? From the main page, you can see everything in each gen's section, except for the subsections under the Drivetrain area. Is it the not being able to see the General section once inside the Drivetrain section that's a problem?
In case you didn't know it's there, there is a "New Posts" link towards the top of the page (6th from the left in the yellow horizontal bar) that will show all the threads that are new to you, and it also shows what section they are in. That's a shortcut which allows you to see what's new without having to surf the entire site.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Well it's not a casae of navigating, or not finding posts Chuck; it's more a case of how many sub forums have to be opened individually in order to see what's new in each of the main forums like 1st, 2nd, etc....
Now it seems that the subject is no longer up for discussion, or that the powers here don't want it to be a public discussion, as any threads mentioning the discontent of the general population with the changes here are being closed by nj85z28. I assume this one will also be closed, and the subject will no longer be discussed openly on the forum, so I give up.
It's not my forum, and it is free, so whatever they want to do with it they can feel free to go ahead and do it. I'm outta here too. Sad, I really liked the place before the changes.
Thanks for listening Chuck!

Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

I'm honestly surprised at the way people are acting. Really, honestly, truthfully...NOTHING REALLY CHANGED GUYS.

A few headings got renamed.

Some photos were added

Some dead sections were thrown away

And its not that its not up for public discussion, thats not the issue. The issue is that its not up for public discussion in 5 different threads in 4 different areas of the site. I said if your having an issue just shoot me a PM so I'll know about it right away. Thats not to keep things private, its so I can get your message asap and fix whatever the problem is.

One of the threads had to be closed, and thats because somebody went out of their way to insult me.

I didnt cry or whine or make a thread about it

I closed it. That person didnt even get an infraction, although they probably really should. Its uncalled for. And the only way this thread will get locked is if it turns into the same pissing contest the other one did.

So PLEASE. Just PM me or email me if there is an issue. my email is not a secret its NJ85Z28@hotmail.com. I will be happy to fix anything I can

Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Flyin' High Again

:shrug: I think the site is wayyyyyyyy better. Nice job brother. Dont listen to these people :thumbsup:

Old 02-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Droid

There used to be a link "my recent topics" which is no longer showing up on the top line. This makes it hard to follow a thread without major searching, and losing interest in the whole thing.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I think that was changed awhile ago.
lol...I saved a search results file of this site back on 3/7/2012, 2 weeks after this thread. What I see changed since then was there was a members button, now that is integrated into the Community button.
Second was the My Recent Topics button, I forgot about that one. Clicking on that gave a fly down "Show my posts from": Last Visit, Yesterday, Last 2, 3, 4, & 5 days, and Last Week.
What you can do is click on Quick Links, then down to Subscribed Threads to show all the threads you participated in, in chronological order.
Why I never noticed when the Recent Topics link disappeared is most likely because I check back on threads that are either new, or on ones I subscribed to (New Posts button). I didn't need to search for exactly what my post said in any given thread, I generally remember the gist of what it was about.
And for the record, it wasn't me!!!

Last edited by Camaro 69; 02-12-2015 at 03:36 PM.