93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

turn signal not blinking

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default turn signal not blinking

i have a 1997 rs and my passenger side turn signal does not blink anymore i changed the bulb and it still does not work. does anyone know what the problem could be? thanks for your help.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: turn signal not blinking

check all the bulbs.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:42 PM
1st Gear Member

that just recently happened to me except none of my blinkers were working inside or out changed the relay and now they work

Old 11-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: Chappie99

check all the bulbs.
Word. Even if one is fine the green turn signal indicator and good light will just come on, they won't blink. Until the other light is fixed it won't blink again.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i changed the bulb and that didnt help the other bulbs were fine. now the bulb i replaced yesterday went out and it still isnt blinking. someone told me it could be the flasher does anyone know abouthow much that costs and how hard is it to put in? thank you for your time and help

Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 PM
3rd Gear Member

If its blinking on one side and stays steadily on the other side,the only thing I can think of is that either your front turn signal bulb/parking light bulb is burnt out, or your rear turn signal bulb is burnt out.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 PM

It could be a fuse relay failure. Those are cheap. Mine went out and cost me $3 at Napa. And you just reach under your dash and pull the plug and plug the new relay in. It's a cheap troubleshoot.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:52 PM
In the Staging Lanes

the back turn signal bulb lights up it doesnt blink the front bulb was replaced yesterday and it still did not blink now i noticed this morning that the bulb that was replaced yesterday is out again. the driver side bulbs work fine its just the passenger side that doesnt blink and the front bulb keeps going out. on the inside of the car the signal doesnt blink it just stays on. i even checked the fuse on the inside of the car and that was fine. thanks for all your responses and help.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:08 PM

Well it's not a literal fuse that would indicate on the instrument cluster, it's literally like a plug in with two prongs. When mine went out the blinkers did not blink and would just light up, on the dash and the actual blinker. I'd still recomend switching it. It's located under your driver's side dash. You'll see it just siting there. It should be silver. Just remove the fuse relay and get a new one, plug it back in.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:38 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: camaro girl

i have a 1997 rs and my passenger side turn signal does not blink anymore i changed the bulb and it still does not work. does anyone know what the problem could be? thanks for your help.
You may not have a good connection where the new bulb is. The light socket may have gotten wet. Was the bulb blown into a million pcs? If so, it got wet. If you are doing it yourself, turn on your directional, take a new bulb and see if you can get it to blink by moving the new bulb in and out of the socket till it lights. You can add a little dielectric grease to that socket if its getting wet. Unfortunatally if it is getting wet, you will keep blowing that bulb.

Quick Reply: turn signal not blinking