93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

94 having iusses help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Default 94 having iusses help

I have a 94 camaro v6 auto with over drive..so i am on the high way and i notice that everytime i gas the car to cruise at 70 there is this vibration which i think is in the rear end. i get off the high way and i notice that the car only does it once it hit 50mph. it rides a little ruff from 50 to 60 ish..then when ever i hit the gas to keep moving it comes back. but if i coast then it doesnt do it. i thought it was the over drive going out so i dropped it into reg D and it does the same thing at 50 but not nearly as ruff as in over drive..i jacked the front end and checked all the tie rods and ball joints everything there is stiff..i notice that the vibration is delayed...i put my foot to the pedal i hear the motor go feel it in the tranny and then it vibrates ... so i am thinking a rear end...any help guys..

Old 06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Default RE: 94 having iusses help

any help.....

Old 06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Overdrive Member

Driveshaft, maybe. Your tires are balanced, right?

Old 06-26-2008, 08:08 PM

as far as i know..i guess the only way to see is if to have then checked...is there anything else it could be..this come on all of sudden nothing very slowly...it happend right now...do you think it is ok to drive around town doing less then 50...if it was the tires wouldnt it happen all the time doing speeds over 50..and not just when i hit the gas going over 50...what about the u joints do thoes just go out or is that a slowly thing? how can i check if it is the drive shaft?

Old 06-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: 94 having issues help

Tires can be out of balance at just certain speeds. As for the driveshaft I would check for excessive play/movement. I know on the 2 piece driveshafts such as you should have, the bearing in the middle of the driveshaft has been known to go bad.