93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Spark plugs & wires replacement 3.8

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:48 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default Spark plugs & wires replacement 3.8

I thought this would be helpful and sence somone asked, I figured I would make a quick How to. This is just a short how to on where everything is located & how to do it. Nothing is very in-depthed so anyone please feel free to add on. If you have a V8, just do everything like this but +2, lol.

All of the following photos & print is property of me & cannot be used for sale of any idems without my permission. Feel free to use them for personal use. And feel free to make fun of my crappy handwriting with the mouse, in steps 1&2 but I started typing in step #3

Things you will need:
New Spark Plugs
New Spark Plug wires
Spark plug Socket
Socket wrench
Jack & jackstands or drive-ons
pry-bar or boot remover suggested
Mechanics Gloves Suggested

Before you do this, jack up the car so you can easily fit under it, then lower the car onto 2 jackstands. One on each side. Do not get under your car without using jackstands, exspecally on a job like this. You will be under your car alot and moving things alot. So make sure your car is securly up on jack stands.

Step #1 - Disconnect negative terminal on the battery.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: HOW TO: Spark plugs & wires replacment

Definetely needs a sticky. I was looking for a good how to on this for Camaros and this might have just saved me a $100 on mechanic's work.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
3rd Gear Member

Also just a quick note, you will hurt your hands & arms doing this. It is a very tight fit up in there. You will deffantly want some mechanics gloves. Just letting you all know, it will be painful

Old 11-20-2007, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear Member

ya damn, i just got bent over having this done at a shop. Wish i would have seen it earlier

Old 11-23-2007, 06:03 PM

I had mine done in the shop including ega valve cleaning for $120.00 I couldn't do it myself cuz its like 30 degree's outside and windy.. I'd rather pay n have it done asap then do it myself in this wintery weather.. ;p but thanks for the info.. will definately use this next time.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:36 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: cruz7o3

I had mine done in the shop including ega valve cleaning for $120.00 I couldn't do it myself cuz its like 30 degree's outside and windy.. I'd rather pay n have it done asap then do it myself in this wintery weather.. ;p but thanks for the info.. will definately use this next time.
Lol, down here in Florida its the other way. I was sweating when changing the oil today.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

I'm gonna use this when I have to change my plugs. Good write up.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:53 AM
2nd Gear member

Can we get something similar on changing the fuel filter? I've already bought one at autoparts but I don't even know where its located in the car.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:01 AM
4th Gear Member

LOL. dude its a clip and a nut .......... not to hard. its right in front of the driverside rear wheel

Old 11-24-2007, 11:46 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aleksandr

Can we get something similar on changing the fuel filter? I've already bought one at autoparts but I don't even know where its located in the car.
ask and you shall recieve...

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...lacement_1.htm

Quick Reply: Spark plugs & wires replacement 3.8