93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

update on my 93

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 06:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default update on my 93

well after fighting with my camaro for two months she finally rolled out of the shop and made the thirty mile journey home at the end of that drive ive felt ive wasted my time fixing a car that has set for six years. first thing i need is new tires flat spots suck. second new fuel lines damn squirrels, third i need is to rebuild another 3.4 have it ready. ive included some pics of project poison ivy (get it there was something growing on her)

Attached Thumbnails update on my 93-100_0107.jpg   update on my 93-100_0114.jpg   update on my 93-dscn1074.jpg   update on my 93-100_0163.jpg   update on my 93-100_0172.jpg  

Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 PM
2nd Gear member

Why rebuild another 3.4L? What's wrong with your current engine?

Fuel lines and tires isn't bad for a car that sat for 6 years. It's nice to see you revived a beautiful Camaro!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I hate to ask if that is your new headliner that you are rolling with. I wear that crap all day long and honestly I will send you the extra 10 feet of headliner that I have sitting in my house with a can of adhesive if you get rid of that Army flage' crap. Unless you really like it then God Bless you for being that gung ho for Army urban camo.

I think you have a really awesome project ahead of you there. This forum is the right place for you to post pictures and get some advice or to show other Camaro lovers like myself what you are doing with your car.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Overdrive Member

From your pics I could not see any squirrel damage on the fuel lines. And by the looks of the tire tracks you dont seem to need a new engine. Good looking project!

Massey

Old 04-17-2011, 08:03 PM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks guys im dont just love the urban camo i love all the digi camo i have normal acu the damage to the fuel lines isnt easily visible but its there. As for the tires at 50mph the car vibrates horribly due to the flat spots i can get a set of faulkens for 500 no biggy theres a medium sized electrical connector on the passenger side going toward the wheel the wires were chewed thru along with O2 and some other wires in the harness there too. Ill post some pics of the rodent damage soon. Ill start with a major tune up and see if that helps the motor if not ill find another 3.4 and rebuild then swap. This camaro is going to be A-B transport for awhile till have the money to buy what i really want which is a 98-02 SS 6 speed T-tops.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

heres some more pics the upper manifold cover was some 6mm steel rod i had laying around and i got bored and wanted to tig weld some thing. another pic is rodent damage does anyone know what the blue arrow is pointing at? I know that they connect, but what is it? the air intake is 2.5in aluminum pipe i welded and all the fittings are on it. some make theres and dont add the fittings for other things like valve cover breather the coupler is not going to stay blue im going to change that to black when i change the pipe to 3in

Attached Thumbnails update on my 93-100_0198.jpg   update on my 93-100_0206.jpg  

Last edited by tncatfish; 04-17-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

That might be a wheel sensor wire that attaches to the wheel bearing. I am going to assume that looking down between the motor and the fender wall. I can only think of the two sensors that attach to the front wheel bearings.

I am also glad to see that those pictures were brought to us by Dr. Pepper, Dr. Peppers asks "dont you wanna be a pepper"? Sorry I am sarcastic.

I wasnt bagging on you for the ACU flage, its just when you were it everyday it gets old. You should at least get some pins or perhaps take out the headliner and glue that bad by to the liner or pin it up. That way it wont be all over waving around like "Old Glory" on windy day.

Sorry about your squirrel population, I know they love how the wire insulation tastes and once they get the taste in them they go nuts (no pun intended).

Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well i reconnected it and the abs light went off so cool that get annoying. another note there was a green wire and a dark blue wire chewed thru as well i connected them and my check engine light went off. the question is what where those wires? they made the car run better.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

today i have found that my drivers side front wheel bearing is bad. Oh the joy of owning a car that set for six years. but on the lighter side shes running great im gonna tune her up tomorrow