93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

How do you replace a thermostat 95 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Default How do you replace a thermostat 95 camaro

heey guys i was wondering if any of you know How to replace a thermostat on a 95 camaro.. if any one has any pictures or give me an in sight on where it is at that would help a lot.

Thanks guys,

Corey

Old 06-07-2010, 07:28 PM
1st Gear Member

on a v6 or v8?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by mbar
on a v6 or v8?
It is a v6 3.4

Old 06-07-2010, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

the thermostat housing is right under the intake and it requires a swivel and a 13mm ... i dont have a digital camera to show you pics

Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Overdrive Member

Why do you post the same question in 2 places? Just here or the main forum will work. BasicConcepts has pictures for you in the main forum

Massey

Old 06-09-2010, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Massey
Why do you post the same question in 2 places? Just here or the main forum will work. BasicConcepts has pictures for you in the main forum

Massey
ohh i had no idea... Was a mistake... okay now i have a problem again
so i replaced the thermostat and that wasn't the problem... it still red lines. Now its my fan... Any ideas where to start??? fuse or maybe something might not be plunged in??

Old 06-09-2010, 07:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by camaroman18
ohh i had no idea... Was a mistake... okay now i have a problem again
so i replaced the thermostat and that wasn't the problem... it still red lines. Now its my fan... Any ideas where to start??? fuse or maybe something might not be plunged in??
try replacing your relay for the fan

Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by mbar
try replacing your relay for the fan

Belay that... Relays are rarely the issue. The main issue in this circuit is the fan motor itself or the sensor or both. GM designed this system so that if the sensor is unplugged the fans will start. If you find the temp sensor that controls the fans and unplug it they should start. You could have up to 3 temp sensors on the engine. One for the fan, one for the gauge and one for the computer. Sometimes these do double duty but the one for the fan should be by itself. If you get the right sensor and the fan does not start the fan could be bad. To find out for sure take and apply 12V directly to the fan motor if that causes the fan to turn on then the relay or wiring is bad. If it does not turn on the fan motor is bad. If unplugging the sensor causes the fans to turn on the sensor is bad.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much.

Massey

Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Massey
Belay that... Relays are rarely the issue. The main issue in this circuit is the fan motor itself or the sensor or both. GM designed this system so that if the sensor is unplugged the fans will start. If you find the temp sensor that controls the fans and unplug it they should start. You could have up to 3 temp sensors on the engine. One for the fan, one for the gauge and one for the computer. Sometimes these do double duty but the one for the fan should be by itself. If you get the right sensor and the fan does not start the fan could be bad. To find out for sure take and apply 12V directly to the fan motor if that causes the fan to turn on then the relay or wiring is bad. If it does not turn on the fan motor is bad. If unplugging the sensor causes the fans to turn on the sensor is bad.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much.

Massey
all that is a very good point i didnt even think to mention that....i had to replace the temp sending sensor on a cavalier about 6months ago

Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes

How are your coolant levels? Could the issue be a leak unrelated to the thermostat? If there's an air bubble in the engine, it will cause the temperature gauge to very quickly spike.

Quick Reply: How do you replace a thermostat 95 camaro