93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sudstoy
I dont know if is comparable, i had a Grand Prix GTP with the supercharged 3.8. I had boost upgrade, reflashed ECM, intake, headers, exhaust and heavy motor mounts and i ran 14.40 at 97. The fastest non supercharged one i seen run (this is in Calgary Alberta 3000+ ft elevation) was like 15.6.

Did you say "If I win, I take the money, and the respect. To some people that's more important"?

I really wish I would have said that now. Really happy you said that though hahah

Old 07-13-2015, 01:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Ok, I got home from work and decided to look into this a bit more. Are you trying to tell me you beat a "heavily modified" car that bone stock runs a 14.3 in a bone stock car that runs 15.6? New cars, comparing test to test, he is almost 2 seconds faster 0-60 and this one you raced is supposed to be fully modified.

I didn't want to say it before but I have to now, whatever you do, do not run that car again when he replaces the two burnt spark plug wires on his motor.

I don't like being an internet troll, but there is no possible way that this happened unless you did like a standing mile race up to maximum speed. Maybe he is governed at like 100mph? Please remember that this isn't an insult, it is just I find it very hard to believe, he must has an extremely tired car that is bleeding boost right from an idle.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sudstoy
Ok, I got home from work and decided to look into this a bit more. Are you trying to tell me you beat a "heavily modified" car that bone stock runs a 14.3 in a bone stock car that runs 15.6? New cars, comparing test to test, he is almost 2 seconds faster 0-60 and this one you raced is supposed to be fully modified.

I didn't want to say it before but I have to now, whatever you do, do not run that car again when he replaces the two burnt spark plug wires on his motor.

I don't like being an internet troll, but there is no possible way that this happened unless you did like a standing mile race up to maximum speed. Maybe he is governed at like 100mph? Please remember that this isn't an insult, it is just I find it very hard to believe, he must has an extremely tired car that is bleeding boost right from an idle.
We went pretty late on the highway by our houses, so there was about 0 cars. We both just stopped about a half mile from the light, and went from there. He said his turbo usually doesn't really kick in till 2.8-3k RPMs. That being said, he also drives an automatic, so he can't really take advantage of that turbo. Once we hit about 95, he pulled ahead of me hard. But I got him beat by a solid half second all the way to 60.