93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Clock on stock radio stays on...HELP!!!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Angry Clock on stock radio stays on...HELP!!!

Ok folks, here's the deal. My wife's 94 3.4L t-top 64K mile Camaro sat all winter (as normal) and was jump started so I could move it to the front of the house. I took the battery out and put it on a charger for a complete charge.

I put the battery back in and drove it, then my wife drove it. That night I noticed the clock was lit so I open and closed the doors, started and shut off the car, put the windows down and up, and pushed all the buttons on the radio...no change, clock stays on. Two days later the battery was dead. Jumped it, ran it, clock is on, battery dies after 2-3 days.

WTF?!?!?!?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

sounds like the jamb switches are shot there pretty cheep and easy to replace

94 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Door Jamb Switch - Body Parts - AC Delco | Drivewire.com

Old 06-03-2011, 03:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Mine is doing that sporadically and its the ignition switch. Just havent replaced it yet but the car isn't getting cut completely to the "off position" all the time. My battery will be dead every other day if it hangs up. We've went as far as unhooking battery because I dont drive mine daily.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by BasicConcepts
sounds like the jamb switches are shot there pretty cheep and easy to replace

94 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Door Jamb Switch - Body Parts - AC Delco | Drivewire.com
I will take a look at that, and hope it's that simple. I question the answer only because when I open the door the radio cuts off. The "door opening stuff stops working" thing is magic to me. Cool magic, but magic.

Could it be the ignition switch?

Thanks to both of you for the responses, I have been pulling my hair out!

Old 06-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

hmmm if the stuff turns off with the door than its prob not the switch... perhaps it could just be the radio crapping out

Old 06-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Perfect time if that's the case, there is a local stereo shop having a sale...hmmm, maybe they caused it just so I would have to but a new radio!!

Old 06-03-2011, 06:22 PM
March 2011 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

and the battery is probably shot from sitting with no charge for a while. might as well pick one up first

Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 PM
4th Gear Member

Is the radio a cassette by any chance? We had one that did that and it was the cassette mechanism jammed up not letting the radio turn off, best we could tell.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:57 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I've had three aftermarket radios in my car and they all have stayed on even with car off and closed. Luckily I just tap the out the faceplate, but yea that ish get's annoying lol, cause If I 4get, Ima have a dead batt! Have no idea what can cause that though?

Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 AM

It is a tape deck radio, I will check tomorrow if that is the issue. Hope and pray that it's that simple.

If not, maybe getting a detachable faceplate radio WILL be the answer.

Thanks for all of the input, it helps!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clock on stock radio stays on...HELP!!!