Starts and quits after a few seconds

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 09:53 PM
Default Starts and quits after a few seconds

Hi my name is Mike. I am on a few forums, just registered here because I have 2 Z/28, but my 94 just exhibited a problem tonight, when I got in it to take it out for a nice night ride. Like I did, just last night without any problems. I hung at my friends for a while fired it up, and drove it back to where it's currently stationed. Got in it tonight and as usual it fired right up, but runs about 3 seconds and shuts off. I hadn't worked on it....recently...lol!! It sat 3 years but been driving it a couple months now. Except for the fuel pump I had to put in it 2 weeks after I started driving it again. It's been running and driving, pretty sure injectors need to be cleaned or replaced, but I've been driving it, while I finish putting it back together. Interior is out of it because I got all new (light grey to dark grey) interior. In spite of the injector issues it is a T56 car with a 503 cam, so it is a very fun car. I scoured the net, found a bunch of folks with this very same issue, and nobody has posted that they found it and what it was, so I am on here, asking IF ANYONE has ANYTHING new I can try. The only difference I can see with mine is that I haven't worked on it prior to this. I parked it last night after driving it all over, starting and restarting it. ALWAYS fires right up, still does but shuts right off. We had a bit of a temperature drop, and very slight mist of a rain, but nothing for Florida. No security light. I can hear the fuel pump, it's runs fine, shuts...Craziness...!!! ANY help on this is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:06 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay hotrod welcome to the forum. i moved your post and created a thread for you. this is a lt1 right? pick up a injector noid light for gm and make sure the injectors are being told to fire.