93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

camaro V6 vs. 05 neon srt 4

Old 06-13-2007, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: camaro V6 vs. 05 neon srt 4

ORIGINAL: abcd

hey guys, im a former 2000 v6 owner and I currently drive an 05' srt-4, and im here to tell ya, the srt-4 donkey raped my camaro. I raced several times before I got rid of the camaro and saw tailights after about 2 seconds and that was about it. By the way, a stock srt-4 is runnin high 13's, 400$ later(Mopar stage one, Stage 2 wastegate, and an intake) and im now besting 13.4. Your gonna need alot of dough to beat that in the ol' sixer
Nice! You might be able to keep up with a stock ls1 now

Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 AM
1st Gear Member

haha, i like that deagle (able to keep up with a stock ls1). Well srt-4s are respectable because some how dodge made a car thats quick.. I just want to know if they are going to be able to still run after about 5 years worth of driving or if they will fall apart and live up to the NEON legacy of ****,. lol. Let us know how it goes with the SuperCharged/V6 Im interested in the numbers after its installed.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Overdrive Member

What is stage 1 & stage 2? Generic terms or specific to a particular vendor?

Old 06-13-2007, 06:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I believe it is generic... something like for a Cobalt SS/SC is Flashed ECU, bigger injectors, CAI, Smaller pulley is a stage one... it would be about similiar for other brands.. when they start messing with exhaust thats when you get into stage two..

If anyone has a better handle on this please add or correct me if im worng.. bc my knowledge is MAINLY on the Cobalt but i have had experience with others (SRT-4, WRX, EVO VIII)

Old 06-14-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: t4nk

ORIGINAL: chevrolet96

Get a NOS system to level the playing field. I had the same issue. A stock neon srt wont' stand a chance against a v6. but its a ricer and kids are moding the hell outta them. Ill be damn if a 4cyl ricer is going to beat an american chevrolet. I added NOS and it hasnt happened again.
a stock SRT-4 vs a Camaro V6 w/ spray.. I will put 1000 dollars down on the SRT!! And last time I checked DODGE makes the SRT? is Dodge no longer a domestic? Coulda fooled me.....

Stock V6 camaro's run 16's.. stock SRT's run 14's.. don't tell me a spray on a v6 camaro is going to gain you 2 seconds.. its NOT going to happen..
With a decent driver a stock 3.8 V6 in good conditionshould run high 15's, a stock SRT4 runs high 14's, so yeah the 3.8 is gonna go down. This site http://www.exoticcarsite.com/0-60-qu...mile-times.htmhas it listed at 15.7, and I've beat cars that are supposed to be low to mid 15's.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:54 PM
4th Gear Member

what if someone put a pound of sugar in the tank of the neon? bet it wont be fast anymore.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:18 AM
4th Gear Member

neon's are -technically- imports, they have alot of import-ish stuff on them, and they are no less.. a tuner. and they are a pretty fast car, just like any tuner out there, but i lose respect for cars with turbo, means engine can't make it's own power, unless, there's nothing left to do but turbo it. my friend has a 121 horse Eclipse GS, that could prolly top my car, which is a 1996 3.8 Camaro. although, up till 3rd, he'd be seing tail lights, i dont know what exactly my gear ratios are, but in 1st, i can go bout 7MPH before it red lines, and 2nd is about 35 before it red lines, and 3rd is 75 before red line, 4th is 110ish before red line, and i havent tried 5th, lol. but i hope to do same thing to my car with super charger, run it on just headers, better ignition coils, fuel injectors, i'd like to bore it out and try to drop the T-56 into it too.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

neon's are -technically- imports, they have alot of import-ish stuff on them, and they are no less.. a tuner. and they are a pretty fast car, just like any tuner out there, but i lose respect for cars with turbo, means engine can't make it's own power, unless, there's nothing left to do but turbo it. my friend has a 121 horse Eclipse GS, that could prolly top my car, which is a 1996 3.8 Camaro. although, up till 3rd, he'd be seing tail lights, i dont know what exactly my gear ratios are, but in 1st, i can go bout 7MPH before it red lines, and 2nd is about 35 before it red lines, and 3rd is 75 before red line, 4th is 110ish before red line, and i havent tried 5th, lol. but i hope to do same thing to my car with super charger, run it on just headers, better ignition coils, fuel injectors, i'd like to bore it out and try to drop the T-56 into it too.
They are not technically imports
imports=made somewhere other than America
domestic=made in America

Your going to run a supercharger but a turbo is cheating, not a big difference between the two. Making power is making power, it dosen't matter how you do it, NOS, turbo, supercharger, bolt ons. The only way it can be considered cheating is if your running something on your car the rules of the race specify you can't, on the street anything goes. And you are saying you redline at 7mph in 1st gear, my 3.8 in first gear redlines between 35 and 40.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:19 PM

hey dont be to upset about losin to that srt 4 bc one of the dudes round my area has one n as sad as it is ta say, aside from the benz, lambos, n ferrari that a doc has, its probly one of the fastes cars round here...hes taken my buddy fer a ride in it n he said when tha turbo kicked in he was plastered to tha seat, n he bailed out n got off it round 130...n he coulda went faster

Old 06-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: 355CAMARORS

I OWNED AN SRT-4 AND IM A TELL YOU FROM DRIVING TO RACING ONE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE. FROM FACTORY THEY ARE BOOSTING 13LBS STOCK NOT 8 AND THE HOLD ON STOCK INTERNALS 400-450 HORESPOWER. THATS EASILY 20LBS OF BOOST WITH THE RIGHT COMPUTER AND INJECTORS MODS.BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THERE AONT NOTHING LIK THE RUMBLE OF A CHEVY WITH A HIGH LIFT CAM AND A T-56 TRANNY TO BACK IT FOR THE LONG RUNS OF WELL OVER 150 MPH AMYBE EVEN 170MPH

shhhhhh, lets use our indoor voices..... [&:]

hes right tho, a stock srt4 will run low 14s to 14 flat in the 1/4.Spray could definitly help the camaro tho (NAWWWZZZZ YEAAAA BOI! again: [&:]) ahem.. nitrous! ok, the 3.8 camaro is basically comparable to the newer 3.8 mustang, and those with spray make some pretty nice numbers (>260whp) that would take out a stock srt4 pretty handedly.

ORIGINAL: chevrolet96

Get a NOS system to level the playing field. I had the same issue. A stock neon srt wont' stand a chance against a v6. but its a ricer and kids are moding the hell outta them. Ill be damn if a 4cyl ricer is going to beat an american chevrolet. I added NOS and it hasnt happened again.
a stock srt4 will put the whoopin on a 3.8. I think maybe you meant a stock neon SXT (because the "neon srt [4]" is always turbo'd).

neon's are -technically- imports, they have alot of import-ish stuff on them
please, for the love of everything we all hold dear and holy in this world... never use the words "technically" and "stuff" in the same sentance again [&:]"ish" is a no go too...[&:]

They are not technically imports
imports=made somewhere other than America
domestic=made in America
hey thanks man you saved me the trouble and the possible aneurysm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: camaro V6 vs. 05 neon srt 4