93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

A/C compressor switch fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default A/C compressor switch fuse keeps blowing

I am having problems with my fuse popping on my 96 rs with a 3.8? Can anyone offer advice? I had a mechanic check it and still runs and blows air but it isn't cold. I had it flushed and checked so fluids are good but my problem is, no cold air coming out and it is due to fuse popping(same fuse for cruise control). What keeps popping it?

Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Droid

Unplug the AC comprssor wires and see if fuse holds. If fuse holds, the compressor clutch is bad. If it still blows, you will need to trace the pink wire from the fuse, anything attached to it can cause the fuse to blow.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default ok confused

I know it sounds simple but when I do unplug the wires, do I turn the ac on? Like I said, as soon as I put a new fuse in and then turn the ac on, it will work for a lil, then I'll turn it off and on again and thats when it pops. Please explain a lil more in detail or call me at 4067811381. Thanks for the help. Jesse

Old 07-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Droid

Unplug the wires first and then turn on the AC. It won't cause any harm. This will let you know if the compressor clutch is causing the fuse to blow.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok before I did anything I just looked at my compressor and seeing how everything is all cramped up down there, where are the wires?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:47 AM
In the Staging Lanes

okay i unplugged the wiring from the compressor and it still blew and I noticed the cruise control is connected with that. Does this mean my compressor is still good? Also, I noticed alot of wiring coming from the 15 watt fuse and will located the pink one. What will this detect if I follow the pink one?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by shaione
okay i unplugged the wiring from the compressor and it still blew and I noticed the cruise control is connected with that. Does this mean my compressor is still good? Also, I noticed alot of wiring coming from the 15 watt fuse and will located the pink one. What will this detect if I follow the pink one?
Do you mean that someone added jumper wires for something additional, or are the wires part of the factory loom? If someone added more wiring to that fuse circuit, then it's probably overloaded and one more thing turned on is enough to blow it.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:18 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default ac compressor fuse

No, nothing was added but the guy before you told me to follow the pink wire and I noticed under the whole fuse box itself, there is alot of wiring I have to pick from. The wiring is probably from all the fuses itself. I am just wondering where the pink wire(the guy before you) is and trying to locate y its causing the fuse to pop.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Droid

Give me a fax number I can fax you the wiring diagrams for both the compressor & cruise control circuits.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Here is the fax number 406 791 7445. It's my brothers work and he will give me the fax as soon as it is sent out. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: A/C compressor switch fuse keeps blowing