Raising a 2" lowered 2000 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Default Raising a 2" lowered 2000 Z28

I have recently picked up a 2000 Z28 and want to slowly but surely build the car for more power.Ive had a 97 with the heavier Lt1 and learned a good bit about the 4th gen F bodys.The biggest thing I learned is I dont want to add power (YET)the previous owner installed Pace long tube headers and new 3 inch Flow Master exaust and thats all that has been done to the engine that I know of unfortunately he also lowered it a full 2 inches by only changing the springs and thas way to low for the new exaust wich is all ready flat spotted at the Y just past the headers.Im not ready to put any big money into the suspension until Im ready to do all new shocks springs control arms...ect..I want to build the rear end up for some future power and take advantage of the power I do have! MY QUESTION IS?!?.how can bring the car up about an inch safely and cheaply for the time being??Both the front and the back need it wich by the way are sitting on stock size (height) tires.Any input or advice would be well received and appreciate...Steve

Old 02-07-2016, 06:22 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have you thought to call around and see if any of the local wrecking yards have stock 98-02 camaro springs. should be cheap. what shocks are on it now? some of the newer shocks have an adjustable perch for the front springs.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:48 PM

Thanks for your fast reply Craby!Im fairly sure the original shocks are still on the car and I appreciate the advice on the stock springs (wich my dum *** threw away a complete set of originals when I put Eibach 1.25 lowering springs on my 97 Z28)The thing is I really do want it a little lower than stock I guess its just a looks preference for me and the wheel package I'll eventually put on it (Corvette Zr1 black replicas 17×11 & 17×9.5s) 315s on the rear and 275s on the front ...thats what I had on my 97 and I was super happy with it.Im just not ready to do all that yet Ive acculy ended up letting the guy who I bought the car from that did the headers and exaust talk me into ordering the BTR stage 3 cam kit and have him pull the motor to fix an oil leak and install the cam kit at the same time.I really wanted to wait and do my rearend and drive train first then the suspension and wheels and Horse power last! BUT lol if the engine has to come out now I may as well do something fun to it while its out.Im just gonna have to be careful until im ready to change the springs and spend that money I was just hoping for a cheap fix/bandaid until then to get her up an inch!Any how thanks a bunch for your time and knowledge Im always looking to learn and your car sounds like a bad ***!Hoping to get mine there over the next 2 years