1995 z28

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 08:09 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if you clicked the link it should have taken you right to it.

Adjusting the upper edge of the window inboard or outboard:
Loosen the nuts shown in the center of the door.
Move the jackstuds in or out using an allen wrench.
Tighten the nuts to 20 lb. ft. making sure the jackstuds do not turn (like securing poly locks on your rockers arms :-) ).
Check seal/tension.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:39 AM
4th Gear Member

in post #8, why are your toenails painted blue?

Also, please tell me that those salad shooter rims are on the list of things that are getting replaced

OE concepts (can find them in Ebay as well) tends to have great deals on rim/tire combos

17's are nice on 4th gens and I have 17 x 9.5 all around with 275 40 17s

don't getter summer tires as they are way too soft for the roads and hot weather in the south. You're lucky to get 4k or 5k miles from them

So far, I've had the best luck with BF Goodrich G force and Sumitomo HTR AS on Florida roads

Old 12-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
Hey c'mon now, we're a don't ask don't tell community. lol
Besides, I think the blue compliments the Camaro nicely. What color do you put on your nails?

Old 12-04-2014, 04:03 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Also, please tell me that those salad shooter rims are on the list of things that are getting replaced

OE concepts (can find them in Ebay as well) tends to have great deals on rim/tire combos

17's are nice on 4th gens and I have 17 x 9.5 all around with 275 40 17s

don't getter summer tires as they are way too soft for the roads and hot weather in the south. You're lucky to get 4k or 5k miles from them

So far, I've had the best luck with BF Goodrich G force and Sumitomo HTR AS on Florida roads
That's my Woman!! LOL And come Jan, I plan on getting new rims, and some BF Goodrich super comps or G force

Old 12-04-2014, 01:21 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaroforlife
That's my Woman!! LOL And come Jan, I plan on getting new rims, and some BF Goodrich super comps or G force
hey, I wasn't passing judgement :-)

if you aren't in a hurry, definitely take your time shopping for wheels/tires.

At the end of January and early Feb is when suppliers are hurting for customers and it's before the Spring rush for those in colder climates.

Also, you have a 95 as do I. Any rim you buy will probably need the hole enlarged by 1/4 inch in order to fit onto the hub in the rear. If you enlarge all 4 rims then you can rotate front with rear (if you use the same size)

Seriously, check out the Sumitomo HTR AS and the best prices I've found are at discounttiredirect.com and always, free shipping ( I sound like a paid spokesmodel)

I stumbled upon the G Force one time at Sams Club when they were dumping inventory and I got them for $70 each 275 40 17 but Wally world won't install them on the car as they are not stock size

Old 12-08-2014, 01:23 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I got the driver window adjusted perfectly, got the headers done.. everything is buttoned up. I'm going to have to run just headers to the muffler shop.. I think I might go deaf before I get there.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Got the Exhaust on, I got a magnaflow 40.. 3" back to the muffler then 2 1/2 to the tips. sounds decent.. I like it.

Car seems much more responsive after everything:
LT pacesetter headers
3" ORY
8.5mm Wires
NGK TR-55 plugs
EGR/A.I.R. delete
Cut the cat

And I got the Ram air hooked up for the SS hood..
Next i'm looking at getting a better system in the car and a short throw shifter..

Not exactly positive on what I want.
Hurst
pro 5.0
or
MGW

Then rims and tires.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:57 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaroforlife
Got the Exhaust on, I got a magnaflow 40.. 3" back to the muffler then 2 1/2 to the tips. sounds decent.. I like it.

Car seems much more responsive after everything:
LT pacesetter headers
3" ORY
8.5mm Wires
NGK TR-55 plugs
EGR/A.I.R. delete
Cut the cat

And I got the Ram air hooked up for the SS hood..
Next i'm looking at getting a better system in the car and a short throw shifter..

Not exactly positive on what I want.
Hurst
pro 5.0
or
MGW

Then rims and tires.
IDK the status of your steering wheel but if it's not in the best of shape, Wheelskins are the best I've seen and have used on several vehicles. They aren't the cheap slip ons and you need to use a needle and sew them closed but they are good quality and last

link to black but they have many colors

Amazon.com: Wheelskins Genuine Leather Black Steering Wheel Cover-Size C: Automotive Amazon.com: Wheelskins Genuine Leather Black Steering Wheel Cover-Size C: Automotive

Old 01-27-2015, 03:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ended up going with the MGW Short Throw Shifter. I like it.

Last edited by Camaroforlife; 02-12-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

IDK the status of your steering wheel but if it's not in the best of shape, Wheelskins are the best I've seen and have used on several vehicles. They aren't the cheap slip ons and you need to use a needle and sew them closed but they are good quality and last

link to black but they have many colors

Amazon.com: Wheelskins Genuine Leather Black Steering Wheel Cover-Size C: Automotive Amazon.com: Wheelskins Genuine Leather Black Steering Wheel Cover-Size C: Automotive
Steering wheel is pretty good, thanks for the feedback, I will save this link.

Quick Reply: 1995 z28