Please help radio acc fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Default Please help radio acc fuse keeps blowing

I have a 95 camaro equipped with Bose audio I'll start with what I know i had the car for 3 years no fuse problems I bought a after MKT CD player about a year ago no problems my back speakers blew due to jamming out to loud there is a Bose speaker woofer in the hatch area that isn't blown (yet) driver speaker never worked I tried putting it in and wiring it up but when I open the door it won't work at all after that (not that I need it) passenger speaker works fine OK this is when it all went down hill is when I took out my back speakers I noticed they are not your average wire twisting set up they are clips so I took the speakers out and cut the clip from the speakers and re wired them to another speakers (dual audio) it worked for about 15 minutes and then boom went the radio acc fuse I took off the speakers and just left it at that and still boom for the fuse I left it like that no music for months put my stock stereo back in and threw a new fuse in it worked I drove all night after that jamming put my aftermkt radio back in still worked went to work the next morning jamming out on the way to work took a lunch jamming in the car enjoying having my music back and I'm leaning all the way back enjoying it then all the sudden it stopped and my fuse blew and continues to blow as soon as the car kicks on help please !!!! I've heard rumors bout my lighter but that's a totally seperate fuse that's my horn/lighter its my radio accy fuse that blows

Old 10-04-2015, 01:47 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds like something is backwards or shorting out. i would lean towards short.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you got some bad wires, at least for the driver's side door. The way you described it, working when you installed, but then opened the door and it stopped.
Hell, you might have just had it outside of the cable guide there in the door, and it got pinched in half.

The way it sounds though, definitely a short. It's going to be time consuming, but check you wires.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:44 PM
4th Gear Member

the systems in the cars are like the engines now ,they complecate the heck out of them there is nothing simple about them anymore ,the day of 3 main wires an 8 wires for speakers is over ,they make so if you dont know then you bring it to ,i bought a 4 way box ,an hooked my mp3 right to it the amp ,ran a line right from ,the red box for power ,i could not get a few of mine working the right way either,my 99 works much better ,an the bose speakers the used are out dated bye now

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 10-20-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:10 PM
2nd Gear member

The radio-accy fuse feeds power to two things, the power antenna (if any) and the Bose relay. The Bose relay in turn feeds the power to all the amplifiers in the speakers. I assume the two door speakers are Bose type and still have amplifiers. The rear speaker box also has the amplifier for the 3 rear speakers. It does sound like the wires for the driver side door speaker may be shorted somewhere, since it isn't working. Are they just hanging loose inside the door?