Body Control Module Repair

Old 02-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Overdrive Member

You are not soldering onto any IC chips you are reflowing a relay post. Use a hot iron and you will be less likely to hurt anything. Just put a dab of fresh solder on the tip then touch the tip to the post once the solder turns to liquid remove the heat and everything hardens back up.

If you want to buy a BCM then contact your local GM dealer with your vin # handy and be prepaired to drop about $350 or so for a new one.

Massey

Old 03-06-2011, 01:23 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I saw this board on the BCM. My issues with my 1997 BCM is that I have a security light (car will still start) and when running the BCM makes an audible click. I dont have power windows, just power locks. Not sure if anyone else has seen this before or if there is a thread deep in this topic but thought I would ask if anyone knows what I can do. Thanks for your time.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:29 PM

Awesome! Two thumbs up, i re-soldered a tiny crack in the third pin and reflowed the others, and this fixed my alarm problem and now my radio doesnt cut out everytime i go around a corner. lol. You are the MAN Massey

Old 03-29-2011, 02:03 PM

I also found this post very helpful for my radio probs. Although I have yet to "perform" fix, I attempted. Unplugged the clips and with one hand through the glovebox and the other under the glove I wiggled and wiggled, could not get the box out! In fear of damaging anything I reluctantly plugged it all back up and "for now' it doesnt cut out like it did. The wiggling must have bandaided it. I thank you for this post. It is maddening to have that prob!

Old 03-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Overdrive Member

Yes it is... I found that if you tilt the front of the BCM towards the center of the car as you remove it, helps get it out of that cradle.

Massey

Old 04-21-2011, 11:51 PM
2nd Gear member

I've been having problems programming remotes on my 96 Z28 for the keyless entry system and have been told that it could be BCM related. I purchased a new remote from GM and have tested it using a device available at Pep Boys. The RF signal was strong, but the car still refuses to sync with the key fob even after following all instructions from the car's manual (also reposted on shbox). From what I've heard, the BCM is supposed to act as a receiver for the keyless entry system from 96 on. I was wondering if anyone has had similar troubles and can it be solved with the said fix?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 PM

I'm having these issues with my 96 z28. Does anyone know if the same thing can be done to my vehicle. I am not familiar with soldering so is there any advice anyone can give me?

Old 06-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Overdrive Member

I already wrote a little how to in this thread about how to best solder the relay points. Your BCM will be VERY similar but not identical. The same relay is on the board but the circuit traces are not the same as in the picture.

Massey

Old 06-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Overdrive Member

This little box is a HUGE pain in the tail to get out. Really easy to snap back in. Just have to pry the pudding out of it. I know that my dash forever will have my DNA stuck to it from my knuckles.

Massey

Old 06-12-2011, 09:16 PM

Anybody know where the bcm is on a 96 rs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Body Control Module Repair