Updates and records of my car.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 07:30 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Old 02-21-2017, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll get around to that, doesn't seem too hard. Just have to be careful with my angle grinder (which has come in SO handy for other things, thanks for suggesting buying one Craby)..

I kind of broke something on my headlight housing though. The adjuster (I guess that's what you'd call it) broke on me. The driver side headlamp, on the star-bit adjuster that controls up and down beam angle (the one that's in-board, not on the side near the fender) is broken. The plastic that the 2 cog gears are held inside of has literally exploded apart, I guess some dirt got wedged in there, and it's now in two pieces. I can't find a part number for 'beam adjuster' or 'headlight adjuster' and GM Parts direct just lists it as ONE UNIT being the entire lamp housing.

If this is how it is, I guess it's after-market lamp housings now, as mine is dead. I have some JB weld plastic blend on hand that I'll try tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes for that being permanent. Sucks too, because I kind of like the old 'sebring' style lights. OEM housings are just too expensive though, $270 new for each side here locally.

-edit-
Well, it appears the beam adjusters are PART of each housing, not a separate-purchase item. UGHHHH. JB Weld and some dreams for right now until my tax return gets here.

Last edited by Thefoodman52; 02-21-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:56 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

had the same problem. also had one level bubble thing broke on one, i found a good used pair, i think on ebabe, an changed em both. .

Old 02-22-2017, 11:16 AM
4th Gear Member

it is different from 97 to 98 ,may need a new head light,unless you can get the mechanizam from another head light there touchy,an theres no bubble on the 98-02 need a wall to adjust them ,the ones i got for my car clears were 119,00 on ebay shipped pair.an they look great,with the hockey stick spape led lights ,came with everything plug an play ,not just shells plug an play ,other then we had to hook the running light. built in to the running lights as there is sperate wire ,one could go without them but i like them you see it in the pic below ,at that time the light needed adjusted up. they are the r8 style an $125.00 dot .comes with a set of fogs you can toss ebaymy picture below

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-22-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

I like those, they retain that clear, almost factory look. The whole blacked out and smoke everything look I'm not about. That clear chrome look keeps the 'Sebring' look to it, while being just different enough that it still matches with the car's factory look.
You also mentioned they came with fog lights? I've been looking to replace the fog lights (the round ones) on my car, because the jack-wagon that painted the bumper didn't mask those off, and they've been over-sprayed with white since I've had the car, looks bad if you notice it. I only ask, because I haven't been able to find a set of fog light replacements that are less than $40-60 by themselves, let alone $125 for headlights AND some used/new fog lights and brackets.
If you could, do you remember what seller you went through, or what the product name for those is?

Thinking on it, knowing that my car has been in a wreck before, that extra wire and plug that I found looks awfully suspect all of a sudden, as if it was for some LED halo lights or something.

-Edit-
It's not permanent, and it's not pretty, but it'll work for now until I get my yearly struggle dealing with identity theft and my tax return back.

Attached Thumbnails Updates and records of my car.-imag0052.jpg  

Last edited by Thefoodman52; 02-25-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

My car's name is officially Master Shredder. 5 belts, 1 month. Could not figure it out until now:
The aftermarket balancer I installed when I did everything is crap, it wobbles and walks the belts right off, automatic or manual tensioner. I had thought it was me screwing up with the fancy katech tensioner. Just ordered a new cheapo stock cast iron OE spec one from AutoZone locally. Hopefully this is the last belt that turns into pulled pork under the hood now.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:00 PM
4th Gear Member

yes the lights under 98 camaro headlights are there on ebay the fogs kind not like we have i like them too round type for the cost like said ,you get everything

Old 03-18-2017, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay, updates again.

Replaced the harmonic balancer (again) with a stock-style cast iron one, to try and address the belts jumping and getting destroyed (this wasn't the actual cause turns out). The machined steel one that I bought off of summit was already developing a wobble to it, so I wanted it off of there.
Also had to replace the A/C tensioner pulley, as the last belt failure caused a premature failure of the stock plastic one, which I replaced with an aluminum pulley this time.

However, it turns out the PowerMaster 150a alternator was the problem the ENTIRE TIME. The whole thing is like... just 1mm or so longer than a stock alternator, putting a nice forward bend in the rotation of the belt. So, money wasted unfortunately. I assume this one is for a truck engine only then, and cannot be used with an LS1. going to try to sell it off for cheap to recoup some money.

After everything now, it works fine, belts are happy, and my KaTech tensioner isn't having to fight anymore, etc.

I do worry now, that once my amplifier gets here (and is wired in) that the now stock 102a alternator may not be enough for a 750w amp. We'll see.

-edit-
Everything was fine, with the exception of the harmonic balancer. I'm mad as hell right now. This whole time, the reason my belts have been jumping, is because I was sold the wrong idler pulley for the main accessory drive. It wasn't offset enough, and looks like it's for the 3.8 instead of the 5.7. Check your pulleys people! Don't waste your money like me!!

-Edit-

Headlights came in, great suggestion on these ones! If anyone wants some factory headlights (driver side is stuffed up pretty bad), some usable clear front lights, and factory red rear bumper side lights, let me know. You pay for shipping, you get free stuff l. I'll even throw in some tail light covers and headlight covers for free.

Attached Thumbnails Updates and records of my car.-imag0073.jpg   Updates and records of my car.-imag0074.jpg  

Last edited by Thefoodman52; 03-29-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Bump, if anyone wants free stuff, read my last edit.

-edit-

Carpet installed, that was tough. Nothing fits right, and there's a LOT to cut off to get it to fit right without creasing and bumping up.

Got my wires all run out now for my amp to start powering everything. Did it right, went underneath the carpet, 12 AWG pure copper braided speaker wire going from the crossover boxes all the way out. Also had to remove the botch job the last stereo shop did (loosely tossed the crossovers in the door cards, wtf??!) I'm going to get a plexiglass sheet cut to fit the stock monsoon amp bracket, so I can mount my PDR-V75 amp in the monsoon location and keep everything hidden and clean.

-Edit-

Amp mounted, wires loomed and tucked, everything is good! Carpet looks as good as factory new now, and the fast passenger side window is SUCH a nice thing. Window fix kit HIGHLY recommended by me now. Time for me to go cruise and bump some tunes!

Last edited by Thefoodman52; 04-06-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Car has been running fine, nothing new in terms of failures, other than the steady slime of oil that's always present on the back of the block thanks to my leaky oil pressure sensor. I'll get to that when I get around to do plugs and wires, as I have to take the intake manifold off to address that issue.

However, speaking with a speed shop tuner over in Jacksonville about getting my car tuned for the transmission (finally), be notified me that I shouldn't really be running the car a whole lot without that extra transmission cooler, as the higher stall converter will cook the oil over time, and **** up everything.

So... this Saturday I'll be installing a
 B&M cooler B&M cooler
, then hopefully getting shift points tuned here soon after.

Read a write up for that specific one with an LT engine, the guy just zip tied it with the included hardware to the fins on the condenser, I'm just going to follow suit and hope for the best.
Wish me luck.

Quick Reply: Updates and records of my car.