Updates and records of my car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 09:39 AM
4th Gear Member

black white is not bad looks pretty good how did it drive ,looks like it needs a good coat of wax ,2 sets of an tires new outer tie rod ends ,mabey you should think about waiting ,all the cars i bought except my 3800 wich i knew would needed some work the others needed no work ,you dont want to end up with what you had before a car that needs to much things done,but then again ,most i did to my 95 was plugs wires opti spark till 100,000 ,its a tough one now with all the work done to the other one ,mabey think about keeping the other one ,couse last thing you want is to find it needs more work ,if this was ready drive away nothing needed thats different ,someone chime inn hear thats read this thread humm,valve cover leaking that low a miles could be ,the pads with those miles ,seems someone drove it hard either before him or not ,the pads should have been done around 40k to 50 k so why would they need them again at 76k seems wierd ,mechanicly nothing needed to be done to either of mine that was just a choise,my 3800 need rotors an front pads soon but at near 100,000 actaullu 96k should be the second set rotors probley couse they were not turned

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 10-17-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Drives fine. Drivers side tie rod is on the way out, brakes need replacing. Other than that, fine. Like I said though, it's not equipped with ASR, and that'll be the biggest change.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:05 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

should be a posi, if not its blown or has been changed with a open unit.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

You're right... It's got a G80 code. I haven't really had a chance to test it. I'm fighting on price right now. My father had talked him down to 4250, I came by today with $4500 in hand, he said he 'can't let it go' for less than $4900. I didn't let him know that it was my father offering $4250 3 days ago (to which he accepted on $4500). I'll bring that up tomorrow.

-edit-

Well, now he's trying to leverage the fact that I bought the wheels and tires from him, against the car. Basically saying that because the tires are bald now, has zero impact on the price. Also arguing that because gaskets are cheap, and that I can replace the brakes on my own without labor costs, they also have no impact on the price.

Well, unless he's going to get off of this scam and scram game, and actually try to sell it, looks like I'm stuck with mine.

Last edited by Thefoodman52; 10-18-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:49 AM
4th Gear Member

I thought they all have posi the zs8 an ss car have it an something was wrong with that ,i would think hard about that ,does your father think about all the work done to the t top car ,you did alot of work to it that the other car will need one day to right ,i would keep what you got drive it for awhile then figure out wich car you realy want ,couse it sounds like you dont realy want a rag top drive it for few years then think about what you realy want couse theres a ton of 4th gen cars on the east coast in great shape

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 10-24-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup, decided to keep mine as it is. Rag top isn't my favorite look, no.

Ordered all the parts to replace everything except the master cylinder and the lines for the brakes, so I won't have to worry about that. New everything for AC as well, so that we can run the belt for the air accessories again without that horrid squeaking from there compressor.

Going to cut my e-brake brackets on the rear axle myself so I can get those relocation brackets installed, then get the suspension parts installed when I get home. You think a rotary tool (hand sized, electric) will have though torque with a heavy duty cutting wheel to get through those things?

Old 10-31-2016, 02:57 PM
4th Gear Member

yes i think you did the right thing for now an over time you can get another one down the road an with all the work your doing to the one you have now it should be a great runner for years to come,there will be alot of these cars around for some time to come an even better deals too,yes they make some great ones as longn as the cutting wheel is thick enough electric yes they even make some great cordless ones for cutting locks off,but they should cut off like butter with you average cutting wheel,if not they sell a desent hand grinder slash cuting tool at harbor frieght ,i have had one i been useing for 7 years that came with new parts for rebuilding it . an have not replaced them yet ,like $30.00 just got a crack in the handle ,but it has done jobs like cutting down my hood hinges on the front end conversion

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 10-31-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Might pick one up for $30, can use it for other stuff as well. That'll be better suited for cutting thick stuff as well.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:26 AM
4th Gear Member

sounds like a plan yes i use it for sharpening blades too for the lawn mower,some of those roto zip tools can do it to

Old 11-08-2016, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay, working on getting all of my suspension stuff installed now. I have the Koni STR.T shocks, but the fronts aren't built like struts, more like shocks. I have this kit here:

I have NO IDEA how this is supposed to go together for the fronts. The big spring perch that sits on the base of the shock seats the new BMR springs, but not very well. Like, the first coil sits in snug, like it was made for it, but not even past the first coil, it's loping WAY over the side of the perch. Here's what it looks like with my best guess (probably way wrong) on how it's supposed to go.
Name:  7Z2oaUz.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  503 Bytes

My problem here, is you can see all the leftover hardware sitting there. I'm not sure what all is supposed to be installed, and what's not. Any help?
-edit-
This is also with the spring just sitting on there, no compression.

Quick Reply: Updates and records of my car.