Need ideas for mods on my 1999 V6 Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 01:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Need ideas for mods on my 1999 V6 Camaro RS

I just received around $700 for graduation and was wondering what I would be able to do with Lacey (My Camaro). I don't want an CAI because I heard that the 1998-2002 models have really good intake systems and that aftermarkets actually decrease the power on these years. Not to mention I have a Ram Air. I was thinking about buying new headlights since mine are hazy and yellow, replacing my window motors since they are slow as molasses, getting the switch panel fixed for my power options, getting my windows tinted, fuel filter replaced and a new power steering hose since mine is leaking. Not sure how much all this would cost but think that's a good investment so far? Gimme some ideas buddies
-Trey

P.S. I need a new sound system but I not going to get one until I get my refund back for my financial aid which will be around $1500-$2000 but I would still like to hear some suggestions for head units and speakers. Not getting subs. I'm just thinking about getting some really good 6x9's that thump cause I need my trunk space for my T-tops

Old 06-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

There's a sub box made that doesn't sacrifice the t-top storage. It fits into the space on the driver side in the trunk. It's for one big sub. I personally would not recommend 6x9s. Replace the stock size speakers with good quality ones, it'll make a big difference. As far as the other stuff, I'd make a list of order of importance and go from there. If you're getting all this money, then why not just get everything done that needs to be?

Old 06-12-2010, 03:52 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

fix the stuff that needs to be fixed now,,, take care of them before they cause a bigger issue and if you have a v-6 its not really considered "ram-air" its just a direct forced style intake.... if you were to go with an slp or lingfelter you would most definatly see gains not loss

Old 06-12-2010, 07:29 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

steering hose, oil change, spark plugs, check brakes, scann for trouble codes, address codes if any, window motors and switches,,, get those done and see whats left.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:00 PM

I'm gonna be the jerk and ask what 'financial aid refund'? Did you just graduate high school? If you're asking for a wise investment with financial aid, it sure ain't in your car.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:15 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by DarkKnight
fix the stuff that needs to be fixed now,,, take care of them before they cause a bigger issue and if you have a v-6 its not really considered "ram-air" its just a direct forced style intake.... if you were to go with an slp or lingfelter you would most definatly see gains not loss
Umm what? Ram-Air is on a lot of V6 vehicles most popular being the 2000's GT Grand Ams. Just on this car its more of a mod but its still considered ram air.

Last edited by luciora; 06-13-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:10 AM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

i know its on alot but if its factory on a camaro its not full out ram air

Old 06-13-2010, 01:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ahhhhh Craby!! Thank you for mentioning brakes cause I need to get all of my rotors replaced because they're warped. Well not all of them, just the front 2 but if I get 2 replaced then I might as well get all 4 of them replaced. And yeah I'm just going to do that and get my power steering hose replaced and my fuel filter replaced. As for the CAI, not really caring about that. But I know I also need to get my spark plugs replaced and the spark plug wires. Any suggestions on good performance spark plugs and/or wires? And my oil was just recently changed so i don't have to worry about that. And to supreme style21, yeah I just graduated high school and I'm getting like 3,800 in financial aid for each year and all I have to buy is a $500 knife set since I'm going into culinary and a few books and I'll definitely have over $2,000 left over after I buy it all. Not to mention I'm not starting the Culinary part until my second year because I want to get all my college requirements out of the way for my first year. So that year is nothing but books. But anyways, I'm going to waste it all on my car. I just want to do more to my car cause I want her to last a really long time. I love Lacey

Old 06-13-2010, 01:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I'm not going to waste it all on my car*

Old 06-13-2010, 04:49 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

msd 8.5 wires and ngk tr55gp, tr55ix or bosch +4 plugs.

Last edited by craby; 06-13-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Need ideas for mods on my 1999 V6 Camaro RS