Pulsating/Pop sensation while at idle

Old 07-13-2016, 05:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Back again, finally got the time to replace the injectors and yank the oring and cap that fell in the valve. Car still has that pop sensation. I am assuming it is a miss. It only does it when the car is warm. Is that called closed loop? Anywho I checked the plug and one was cracked so I replaced that, I guess I must have over torqued it. Im going to get under there and check the wires and make sure I didn't mix anything up. Im hoping its not the opti I just put it on about a year ago. Delphi states that I have to go through the seller to handle warranties and its expired from rock auto. sucks for me. I will also run the scanner on it to see if anything comes up. My plan is too replace the 02 sensors as well. Sorry if I am all over the place here I just wanted to update anyone reading. thanks!

oh forgot to add too after changing the plugs I put about 300 miles on them and they turned black already. Im not a pro a reading wires but that doesn't seem normal

Last edited by rs657f; 07-13-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Check the plug with the leaking injector. How old are the plug wires?

Old 07-14-2016, 07:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gorn
Check the plug with the leaking injector. How old are the plug wires?
Did the wires same time as opti so about a year old. When i changed the plugs i checked all wires for burns ect. I have new ones ill.be tossing on to be safe. With it only missing once the car hits operating temp it makes me wonder if its more.serious than wires

Old 07-14-2016, 01:38 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if plugs fouled that fast i would change 02 sensors and plugs. use good plugs, lt1 likes expensive plugs, ngk tr55ix work best for me. also check air filter. if its messing up in closed loop it should be a sensor failing or giving acceptable false information. fouled 02 sensor can do this.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

thats all i have used is nkgs. I cant bare to deal with changing those plugs again. I put them in about 1 month ago and I have stock manifolds and no lift. pure torture lol. My cat was removed so i assume that the 02s may have kicked the curb. Ill order some new o2s this week and toss them on. I wish i could get some codes to read. The filter is the k&N and I just cleaned that one. Thanks again. Ill update after the 02 change

Old 07-15-2016, 03:41 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

you might get away with cleaning them, plugs. specially if its a short term foul. 02s may be old and need replacing anyways. im sure you will find out if they is fouled.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:45 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i have used a oxy acetylene torch to heat the carbon off. worked on short term foul on 02s. had to make sure i didnt over heat the wire end so it didnt melt them. havent tried it on plugs. not sure how iridium would react to harsh cleaning like wire brush.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

If you can get the use of a snap-on scanner you can go to engine side and pull up O2 sensors,you should be able to read each sensor on each side of the motor to see if its working and its values. You should be able to read misfire and most of the thing you've posted about. It even has a trouble shooter to help.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

MY 95 scanner doesnt save the logs anymore for some reason so it would be hard to test it while driving. I already ordered some new ones to toss on waiting on crappy Rockauto to get their stuff together. Im sure these are the originals since i have stock exhaust and the original owner was a moron. I can only get the one sensor off thats nxt to the oil filter. The one on the passenger side is a pain in the ****.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

FML, finally got the 02 sensors in after fighting the passenger side for a day. I turn the car on and no there is smoke coming from the passenger side manifold above the 02. I put some of the denso gasket stuff on there that came with the 02s so im hoping that whats burning off. The other side isnt burning like this. Any thoughts? please dont tell me i bent something or im going to scream lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulsating/Pop sensation while at idle