New zl1 OR Fix up 02

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:11 PM
H2C
2nd Gear member

Plz22
was a 454 conversion that a shop around my grandfathers house did when the cars first came out and Chevy wouldn't answer the drag requests, my grandfather knew the shop owner and claims they were absolutely undrivable except in a straight line because of the power and modifications to the front end, package was Huge rear end, new drive shaft, custom wiring and gauges, bracing with optional roll cage, 454 block configured with whatever you wanted including blowers, no hood, skinny front tires, more bracing new 2 speed tranny or 4 speed "street tranny" lightly used term, stripped or "Street trim" interior and other stuff, he said the strongest touted one to roll out was 800 hp but he thinks it was more like 6.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by z28?SS?
Ya, I have test driven a new SS, you are very right about the blind spots, but that is why I will get a convertible, problem solved. . Plus, Je$$up I agree with you, the new gen will handle the extra power much better than the 4th gen, while still giving you a better, smoother ride.
i dont think you can get a zl1 in a convertible unless you bought a clone made by aftermarket i mean maybe im wrong.

Your definitely starting out with a better platform they where designed and built from the manufacture to handle that power and put it to the ground. Does that mean you can build a car to do that no. dont forget the new camaro is heavier.

I like that ruff crappy ride and lack of luxury i think they are the last of the cars that were built more with performance in mind and not luxury.

I definitely wouldn't buy one for a investment it will be over 20-30 before it gains value if they ever really do. There also going to pump so many out i just dont see it. Also i dont see how someone could say paying cash for something over financing it is a worse way to handle your money.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Overdrive Member

There's an SLP ZL1 Convertible available:
I CAN ORDER YOUR SLP ZL1 CAMARO CONVERTIBLE! – www.camaroscotty.com

I don't think the ZL1 Convertible is official yet, but here's a rendering:
Illustrated: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible

Old 05-14-2011, 08:26 AM
In the Staging Lanes

There is - but that one is the current SLP built ZL1.

As far as the Chevrolet 2012 ZL1, a few things are up in the air and undecided at GM....

Automatics
Convertibles
Sunroofs

Old 05-14-2011, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I know slp made the ss for chevy but i dont consider any car they currently hop up a factory car. There are so many shops now that do performance cars its not funny we have redline performance locally .

i dont think they will build one i mean i could be wrong. My logic behind it is because when they built the zo6 and zr1 they did come in convertible and even more notably they made it so the targa top was permanently bonded to the top of the car.

Though who knows it would be a good selling point over the gt500 which as far as i know doesn't come in convertible either.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Figure about 576 horses... 550 is an *estimate ;-)

Old 05-16-2011, 03:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Adam9066
Also i dont see how someone could say paying cash for something over financing it is a worse way to handle your money.
Ok, I don't think I need to explain future cash values and interest rates. Spend 50k today is never as good as option as investing 50k today. But hey, If you got 50k to drop, then who am i to tell you what to do with your money.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:52 AM
In the Staging Lanes

No, but I am hoping to become part of the HPD soon ( thats the Honolulu Police ). I got the car at an auction. It was retired. And I believe the b4c was ONLY used as a police package. Also at Adam9066.... the zl1 will be a limited line, they will not be just pumping them out, at least that is what they claim.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je$$up97
Ok, I don't think I need to explain future cash values and interest rates. Spend 50k today is never as good as option as investing 50k today. But hey, If you got 50k to drop, then who am i to tell you what to do with your money.
hahah. yah i get the game and have had this argument 100 times with people. not so much with cars but with houses. the amount of return you make in 5 years vs what you would pay on interest on the car is pretty negligible plus the dollar devaluation. If you dont remember 2 it was just a few years that people lost there whole retirements on the stock market. So playing the stocks is never a safe bet. I honestly dont believe in that philosophy but im the minority as a lot of people do and in my opinion its why most of America does agree with you and why they are in trouble. All articals i have read from any of the big financial advisors right now say PAY CASH for every thing you can.

Any time a manufacture says limited production to me it just means they are trying to get more people to buy a car. they had a restored 1967 camaro on of those tv auction shows the other day. it sold for a little over 15k. even if they limit it to 3k a year for 4 or 5 years like they did they supposedly were going to do with the zl1 that's still a lot of cars. thats 12-15 thousand cars.

Last edited by Adam9066; 05-24-2011 at 08:26 AM.