Old 07-27-2015, 04:09 PM
4th Gear Member

I would just keep the ones it it for the low miles

Old 09-11-2015, 06:13 PM
4th Gear Member
Default great example on ls1 car

Originally Posted by Gorn
Well hop in, we drove right . .
Because of the scratch and code I offered $5500 we settled on $5700. I didn't steal it but I am happy

Course I still have the project 93 it is going to be giving up all of its SS parts and rims

hear is a great example ,of not over paying for 4th gen

Old 09-11-2015, 06:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Dang straight, that's a heck of a deal!!

Old 09-11-2015, 07:20 PM
4th Gear Member

ya z28 man ,not ditching you ,some places they do cost more ,like where it does not snow ,people can drive them year round ,an other places ,it makes no sence ,everything is suposed to cost more in newyork so no ryme or reason

Old 09-12-2015, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, mine cost me $6500. Good paint, interior is practically untouched, has some SS optional exterior parts on it, came with 8 wheels and tires, one new set, one barely used set with ~2k miles run in, 74k miles on it, no APPARENT issues when I bought it.

It made a three hour drive back home, smooth as can be. Then, I hit a bump and had some problems show up. Lights, lighter outlets, etc. inside, and dash, went out, running tail lights, etc.

Nasty looking corroded fuse panel inside with some ratty looking fuses. I'm stuck underway until we pull back in tomorrow, probably nearing 20:00-ish time, so I'm hoping to be able to go run by an auto zone and pick up a pack of fuses, small file and wire brush, some CRP, then hope and pray I won't need to source down a new wiring harness for the interior.
I've gotten a lot of help so far from reading around the site here, and craby in particular is a pretty on-point and knowledgeable dude. There's not a lot of questions I can ask, because they're already answered, lol.
My first modifications, after we get back from our smaller 3 month underway coming up here in a couple of weeks, is a cheaper single-adjustable panhard bar, and some basic single, or non adjustable, lower control arms for the rear.

I understand now what a trackbar/panhard bar is and what it does, and it made me want to get a better one than the stamped garbage for my old 2005 RAM 1500 as well, because it's got some butt-wiggle going on over bumps and whatnot as well. The Camaro feels like a sport-oriented sled in comparison to the truck, lol.

Last edited by Thefoodman52; 09-12-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:24 PM
4th Gear Member

yes there nice cars i like them.got to check them out ,they have now a pre inspection buy ,that you can take it somewhere ,have it checked out before you buy ,if a seller is leary about that its sign post, yes craby an alot of the guys are good an very knowledgable ,they tought . me alot so .far i like it hear ,but even the best of us can make the .mistake of buying something that needs work that is not seen ,i supose even after a pre inspection buy as well,the red 99 i have couse it was so clean inside acc cold no leaks ,i did not know about the rust under the car ,it now has a nice thick coating of permatex ,as it was parked on the grass alot ,an needed a swing arm an sway bar ,still go out for around 3000.00 with 88.000 ,now that will probley last longer then the car ,my thought was that my 95 99.9% rust free ,who would allow a camaro to rust so much ,or drive it in the snow .they do ,so next time i buy one i will bring a jack too an the list of things my state tells me to check out ,thers 5 main things they check for safety ,but there can allways be so much more ,some think buying a used car is crap shoot ,i guess it can be ,i think so far i ened up .with 2 good ones ,the 95 being even better

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 09-13-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, got to my car today after the 9 day underway. Was really fighting to turn over, but it got running. Thought that was odd, went off to advance auto parts. Bought a complete fuse kit for everything but relays, swapped out. Seems good. Go to turn over, nothing. Not even a click.

Ruh roh.

Tried a jump, nothing. Then I look at the battery. El cheapo everstart bottom tier from Walmart, only 400a cold crank rated. Great.

New battery, 750a rated. Same thing, no click. I think my starter is out. Then I remember what people were saying about the bad ignition thing, and how holding the key up sometimes fixes it. Wiggle, jiggle, press, and viola.

Well, the old battery was almost 5 years old, was weak as it was, really didn't need to be in there anymore IMO.

Everything works again, was just fuses thank god.

Had fun with it tonight though. Little boosted Hyundai Genesis dude tried to do a blow by on me on the freeway at 23:40 tonight, he had a good run up to get some speed. I had t ended up having to let off around 100 because I saw he was going to keep trying well beyond safe speeds to pass me, lol. Wasn't happening though at any rate.

Still runs smooth, no leaks or rust on mine. I'm happy for now.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:44 AM
4th Gear Member

well good glad to hear that ,keep it .under 100,some of them just need a bit of tlc ,to run for years

Old 09-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Well it have been a few weeks. The only issue I have is a lifter tap cold. I think a few mobil 1 oil changes will fix that. I am also getting a code for the cold air pump not flowing air. Since I plan on headers that will eliminate that anyway I am not fixing it. I am averaging 25 MPG, I was hoping for a little better. When I do the headers I do plugs, wires and o2s. Maybe it will get a little better. The gear must be pretty tall. At 65 MPH I am showing just under 1500 RPMs.

I don't think I am going to lower it, It ride so nice I don't want to mess it up. It still has that new car feel. I am going to install a 32mm swap bar and a aluminum Drive shaft just because I have them.
Name:  2000%20Z28_zpskn7hf5h3.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  353.7 KB

Old 09-19-2015, 12:35 PM
4th Gear Member

This one is a M6 right? The one I have does about ~2k @ 70 in 6th and that's with 3.42s. Honestly, I drove to Pitt and back (200 mile trip) and pretty much left it in 5th. Just seemed like it was ******* in 6th unless I was doing 75 up.