Need Help: sub box for a 4th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Smile Need Help: sub box for a 4th Gen

I'm looking for a sub box plan that fits, the trunk well of a 4th gen camaro. any one have plans?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:02 AM
2nd Gear member

I don't have any plans to show, but I know of how lots of people did them. You can put a mean slant on your box and it can sit on the back between the seat and the trunk, and the curve will follow the hatch. As far as the trunk goes A buddy of mine made a small box to fit two 12"s (not sure what size you have) and he built the box so it faces up, towards the hatch in the trunk. Other members here have taken out the back seat and put their subs there I believe.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

well how about in place of the cd changer if you have it just move it and if you dont then on that left place in the back you know there is a hole? lol well you know what i mean...

Old 02-11-2009, 01:29 AM
4th Gear Member

When I had my Camaro i just got a box for a 12in sub from cartoys, fit perfectly in the hole, the trunk cover closed completely but i didnt have much storage space. You can buy or make a flat box and put it where your Ttops would go, if you have ttops you wont have anywhere to put em but if you dont you dont have anything to worry about.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:03 AM

I have 1 JL Audio 15w6, the boxes ready made, that you can buy from stores for 15" subs dont fit, i've tried lol thanks why i'm trying to build one but i have no idea where to start, so i'm looking for plans!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:37 AM
4th Gear Member

Well thats your problem right there, while its a good sub you can do better with two 10s. The sub you have is what 375W RMS?. Go get two Alpine Type-E SWE-1043 10in subs, I found em at cartoys for 80 bucks each and I havent yet seen a review speaking negatively of them. They have 250W RMS and paired with the right amp/s you will make clear and beautiful bass. Then visit this site:
http://www.subthump.com/acamaro.htm

The stealth enclosures dont take ur storage space and you could get the amp rack and two seperate amps to power both subs making more POWAR! Thats just my opinion and if I ever get another 4th gen, thats exactly what I am doing. Yes it costs a fair bit of money but its better in the long run. The set up i suggested with the right amps wont make your ears bleed/rattle your car apart (unless you want it too) AND with that enclosure you will have pretty much all the storage space you had prior to getting the enclosure, I went to a Corvette car show at the local classic burger joint and there was a nice LS1 SS there with that identical set up and it was not only pleasing to look at, but sounded great and he had room for a good sized cooler full of beer lol..

Old 02-20-2009, 12:36 AM

I'm just looking at find a blueprint or some plans on how to build a box that fit and fills the entire trunk well of a 4th gen camaro, because I'm happy with what I got, and just want to put it in my car haha. But thanks so much for all that information i really appreciate.

If anyone can give me some plans or blueprints of a box, that'd be great.
I've attached a picture of what i'm looking for, if anyone can help give me measurement on making that or something very close to it that'd be great! Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Need Help: sub box for a 4th Gen-sub-enclosure.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I think you're going to have a hard time building a box to fit your 15 that will fit there. You're just going to have to get some MDF and go at it more than likely. That's what I did and it took me a weekend to build my whole bass setup. (check out my pics) I didn't have any plans or anything, just a good idea of what I wanted (which changed because of space). You can do this, just don't cut corners and try to do it fast. Take your time and do it right and it will come out great. If you need any more advice on making a box, please let us (you can PM me if you'd like) and we will help you out.