Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jesselee38
OMFG man. What part of it is a brand new throttle body don't you understand?
you people are frigen morons. No need to reply I am deleting this dumb **** website

Old 03-16-2017, 04:08 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds like your chasing something that could have been taken care of using a competent mechanic with the right tools. if as you say everything has been changed except the pcm and wiring i would say its most likely in the wiring or the pcm. you have a few people really trying to help and you throw out insults, not a good way to get more help.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:17 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I know wiring, and I have been working on cars since I was a little kid. Unless you have the car I have you don't know enough about it to make a comment like that. How about this smart guy. A friend of mine has an 02 just like mine, his is fine, I took the gas pedal out of his car and put it in mine and it does the same ****. The wiring is fine. So whatever man.

I have a manual it's not helpful
To test a throttle position sensor. Take the connection loose and use a multimeter while pushing down on the peddle. OK. So if the connection to the peddle is disconnected, how in the h### are you sapose to test the stupid peddle? I'm lost man.

How can a book that describes every circuit in the car not be helpful? You look at the schematic you see whats suppose to have power and ground. If that does not help you need a real scan tool. If you can't read a schematic your in over your head. When someone asked how to test a basic potentiometer (AKA your pedal) I just assume they are not a electronics guy.

This should be a 15 minute diagnoses by someone that knows what they are doing, They will probably charge you $100 because then need their $3000 scanner to read the CAN codes and see real time data. That $100 helps pay for it.

Your wiring harness are now almost 16 years old. Wiring harnesses and connector will become more of the problem as the car ages. My neighbor has a Saturn that had this issue but it would only do it once a week or so. He did the throttle body and the pedal but it seem to have no effect. I had him hold the car at 2000 RPM and I wiggled the wires. When I wiggled the harness coming through the firewall the light came one. When I took the fire wall connector apart one of the wire end was pushed back farther then the rest. I move it forward with an all and add electronic grease. Problem fixed, I told him if it happens again he will need to replace the connector. I am not sure how long the "fix" lasted because he traded it 3 month later. Also keep in mind grabing old wiring harness and shaking them can cause more issues then they fix. He was to the point he felt the car was not safe to drive and he was ready to junk it.

Last edited by Gorn; 03-16-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:33 PM
4th Gear Member

OMFG man. What part of it is a brand new throttle body don't you understand?
First off, just because you've been working on cars since you're a little kid, does NOT mean you're an expert. I know plenty of people who worked on cars as kids and still can't grasp some of the most basic concepts. And as someone who's been working on them for 20 years, I still learn something new every day.

Second, to call every one morons just shows us your ignorance. FYI, Gorn does have a car that is like yours, the same year if I'm not mistaken. We are trying to help you. You don't want help, leave, we won't miss you. You seem to know everything so you shouldn't have came here for our help any ways.

Third, just because it's new, doesn't mean it'll work out of the box or forever. Parts do come out of the box defective, it's rare, but it does happen. Not saying this is the case, but sit there and say it's new doesn't mean anything.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Seems like he's gotten frustrated by not getting an instant over-night fix for his problem, and has chosen to take his anger and frustration out on you guys trying to help. I don't think he'll be back.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Can you imagine if every problem could be figured out in a thread. Mechanics pay would be cut in half over night.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Technically, I've kept all of my problems in my car's thread, so... lol

That being said, it takes me awhile to figure things out sometimes.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:08 PM
4th Gear Member

you people are frigen morons. No need to reply I am deleting this dumb **** website
man you got anger problems from what i can see mister know it all ,all these guys know alot more then me about these cars ,like was said simple A $3000.00 tool at a shop an $100,00 or less could have saved you alot of trouble ,people get thrown off the site for less ,you must be one of those guys looks for help then when its given you put your foot in your mouth ,you owe these guys an apology,no one can know it all ,when your like so far away an know one is right there to hold your hand for you

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 03-19-2017 at 06:10 PM.