Happy birthday to me...

Old 10-17-2016, 03:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Happy birthday to me...

I was avoiding a big dead animal in the road and my rear end (with BRAND NEW tires) lost grip and flipped me into a ditch... the girl is totaled and I'm in a really tough position.

If you have a 3.8 Camaro you're willing to sell cheaply, please help a fellow Camaro enthusiast and broke college student out. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:57 PM
1st Gear Member

i'm glad you're ok, sorry for your loss, start saving if you're not covered by insurance....

Old 10-17-2016, 08:20 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Finding a V6 with a damaged motor should be pretty easy, just swap your motor in.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:24 AM
4th Gear Member

Glad in reading you're okay.
Cars can be fixed, sometimes, people cannot.
Good luck, an angel was helping.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I only had liability so I'm saving what I can but I have a job and college to get to. I don't have the tools to pull the engine and since the front end had a meeting with the ditch, I'd have to have it thoroughly inspected and tested to be safe. Trans is probably fine though and with the right help, that would be doable. I'm okay just in some pain.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Finding a 3800 with a bad transmission will narrow your search but it is still do able. I have seen them from time to time. They sale for a little more then parts car but not much. Just make sure you wait for a well cared for car with a bad trans. You don't want to end up with a car that was driven into the ground and the trans was just the first reason it stopped moving.

When I bought my project 96 I looked at 3 clapped out cars that would have taken a lot of "other" work besides an engine to get them right. I wait till a garage kept, dealer maintained one owner car showed up. Funny part was I got it for the same price as the guys with the junk wanted.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Gorn
Finding a 3800 with a bad transmission will narrow your search but it is still do able. I have seen them from time to time. They sale for a little more then parts car but not much. Just make sure you wait for a well cared for car with a bad trans. You don't want to end up with a car that was driven into the ground and the trans was just the first reason it stopped moving.

When I bought my project 96 I looked at 3 clapped out cars that would have taken a lot of "other" work besides an engine to get them right. I wait till a garage kept, dealer maintained one owner car showed up. Funny part was I got it for the same price as the guys with the junk wanted.
Sounds like about what I need, but unfortunately I just don't have the time to wait for something to pop up in my situation. I can either try to get another Camaro or get something more immediately available.

Search this Thread