Ground body kits

Old 02-12-2017, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Ground body kits

I'm looking at the ground effect kits for 2002 camaro. The pictures don't do justice. Some pics and brands of what you have used would be great. I'd love to have the stock rs ground effects. The rear valance is what I want first . I think it looks like it should be there from factory.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 80sz
I'm looking at the ground effect kits for 2002 camaro. The pictures don't do justice. Some pics and brands of what you have used would be great. I'd love to have the stock rs ground effects. The rear valance is what I want first . I think it looks like it should be there from factory.
i had a stock RS ground effects kit I pulled off a car at junk yard that I sold as I decided not to use it, it attached w/metal pieces and screws. I also had an aftermarket set I picked up on eBay that was well made but I sold as I was experimenting w/car and just preferred no ground effects....

Old 02-14-2017, 05:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Hawks has a kit says it's oem rs package, 950.00. Idk plus paint be more than I wanted. But an option . I'll keep a eye out for a stock set for sale with paint on it ,Arctic white....

Old 02-14-2017, 05:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lakerman62
i had a stock RS ground effects kit I pulled off a car at junk yard that I sold as I decided not to use it, it attached w/metal pieces and screws. I also had an aftermarket set I picked up on eBay that was well made but I sold as I was experimenting w/car and just preferred no ground effects....
Yup,exactly what I want,metal plates and all.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:13 AM
4th Gear Member

that rear piece you can get for about $100.00 ,check out criags list an find the pieces more then likely seperate then get the sides ,some guys do just the back an sides ,i think they look better with ground effects ,that was a kit you could order ,from the factory they changed it from the rs 96-97,to sport apearance package in 98-02 ,there are some kits that are better then others just dont buy Duraflex ,an with these kits ,cant drive on dirt roads ,or bumpy roads they have a kit that is about inch higher then the old rs kit ,that has wings in front so the center is not hiting the ground was the biggest issues with them ,but if you live where there are smooth roads ,your fine i have it on my 99 base model, KBD has a kit online ebay for like $650.00 best offer ,hawks almost everything is expencive even used parts,i had kit for $400.00 awhile back but needed other things first,if you do this kit plan on being very careful where you drive wich i found is very possible ,i dont drive my car down dirt roads ever.some bumpy roads are ok just be careful, 2 years i have not hit anything with my red one ,but the owner before me did ,people forget they have ground effects is the biggest reason for them falling off drivers faults,if you get caught on dirt or bumpy roads just drive slow ,some also forget about the parking markers an curbs,sorry for the rant ,to me its just about driveing with more commen sence ,i want a kit on my purple one ,could be done for about $1000.00 if you get a deal on the kit them paint it yourself ,you can paint them an install very carefull too ,my plan is to paint the whole car,but for now many other things come first with my paint looking ok,though black would go great on mine ,i have seen guys go black will match near any color,shop shop shop you will find a better deal then hawks 3rd gen ,they sell used ss hoods for like $700,00 that need fixed up my hood was $550.00 painted an a darn good aftermarket hood, example,i have seen the white car yours with black effects looked great,they are makeing better aftermarket body parts just need to shop

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-16-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Black and white.... I kinda like that idea. Sorta new z28'vibe ....

Old 02-16-2017, 01:02 PM
1st Gear Member

98-02 Chevy Camaro EVO PU Poly Urethane Front Bumper Lip Spoiler Bodykit how bout this one,it's okay not perfect for my taste

Old 02-17-2017, 11:07 AM
4th Gear Member

there you got not to low they also have the wings that go on each side to you can have put on there i generally search like the side skirts , front piece,back piece an so on ,an get them one at a time cheaper then the whole kit but you want to make sure the the others will fit later on

Old 02-17-2017, 01:49 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Seems like the front pcs is always broken on used kits. I think the front pcs is what makes a full set expensive.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:40 AM
4th Gear Member

thats why the new ones sport apearance, have the wings in front that taper off in the center of the bumper ,the old rs ones went all the way across ,so just the sides of the front ,but yes the front piece is what makes the look go down to me ,an makes 4th gen look great,they also the he is looking at is a lower profile one too,the one on my 99 in front were torn off ,i think it was driver error though

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-18-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ground body kits