front flasher problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 08:37 PM
Default front flasher problems

Hey guys, I am having problems with my front flashers on my 94 ss, both right and left side front do not work, but the rear ones do. same thing when I turn on the emergency flasher they flash in the rear but not in the front. tried changing the bulbs and still nothing. can someone please help.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Do the turn indicators in the instrument cluster work? If not, the problem may be in the turn signal switch or the connector at the bottom of the steering column.
Does your car have the T61 (Daytime running lamps) option?
Do the normal tail lights work? If not, check the tail lights fuse, since that feeds power to the DRL module (if any).

Last edited by GaryDoug; 11-28-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:05 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by kojack
both right and left side front do not work, but the rear ones do. same thing when I turn on the emergency flasher they flash in the rear but not in the front.
That fact that the rear lights work should indicate the turn switch is operating. The one thing both front lights have in common is the ground. Check for power at the light and dark blue wires of the turn signal light sockets with a test light to verify if voltage is present when the switch is activated. If it is, check your grounds.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:05 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by peterpar
That fact that the rear lights work should indicate the turn switch is operating. The one thing both front lights have in common is the ground. Check for power at the light and dark blue wires of the turn signal light sockets with a test light to verify if voltage is present when the switch is activated. If it is, check your grounds.
Not so, there are separate sections of the turn signal switch for each side, front and rear (4 sections).

Grounds are a possibility but there are separate grounds for the front left and front right side lamps, one on each side of the radiator support.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:49 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have you checked the bulbs,,, did it just start happening? if so was there any work or a happening that could have effected the wiring or such?

Old 11-28-2016, 05:18 PM

This problem just started, I put new bulbs in twice, I will check the ground next. thank you for your insight on this. I will post what I find.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:20 PM

let add that the park lights do work but will not flash.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:52 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

may as well check the bulb receptiacal, the connectors inside can get worn or flattened and wont let it conntect right. weird that it started doing it all the sudden with no work or bump to give a indication where to look. bulbs arent in backwards are they,,, lol, seen that before too.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:55 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

4 way flashers and blinkers are on separate flashers and fuses i believe. for both to not work would point to ground, wiring, wiring harness, bulb or bulb receiver

Old 12-02-2016, 10:43 PM
4th Gear Member

Very true on Craby's Post 9
Each circuit has it's own power from fuse panel.
If rears work, and not front, turn signal switch problem.
T/signal indicators are parallel wired with front turn bulbs.

Quick Reply: front flasher problems