Dtc 23

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Dtc 23

I got another question for yall. Im getting DTC 23. As you may know I recently did a water pump, thermostat, hoses, and drive belt replacement which included bleeding the cooling system. During this time I had to unplug the IAT(I think right?) and moved the air filter pipe out of the way to be able to properly access the bleeders and ran my car with the sensor unplugged. Do you think getting this code is just a result of running it without the sensor? I dont seem to be having any driving issues. Would a faulty sensor here cause any noticeable problems driving? The SES light comes and goes rather infrequently as Im also getting DTC 32 on occasion. Guess I might have to replace the EGR if I decide not to just do a block off.. idk.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:05 AM

DTC23 is a problem in the MAT or IAT.

Before you replace anything, try this;
Disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes. This does a "hard reset" on the computer and usually clears diagnostic codes.

If you get the same code once everything is hooked back up, you probably have a bad sensor.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:44 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

complete reset would include (after unhooking battery) holding the positive and negative batter cable ends together for a minute or two.